No announcement yet.

Bear Mountain Run Aug 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, it'll be good to have the PA crew together again. Rman, are ya listening?

Comment

Earl lets meet up at the same spot as we did for XSEast..as soon as Randy posts a time then we can nail it down
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

sorry

Sorry guys, looks like I'm not going to make it. Hope you have good weather and have fun.
        1978 XS1100E, full dress w/Velorex 700 side car (My Blue 'leven) 1980 XS1100SG (as of yet un-named)

Comment

Yeah, fingers crossed on the weather, this summer has been a washout. I'll post the time in a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
            Yeah, fingers crossed on the weather, this summer has been a washout. I'll post the time in a couple of days.
            +1 on the weather...after my last fiasco in the rain I am rather leary about wet weather...by the way I have been considering this Hannigan fairing forsale here on the site...do you think it would fit my bike? Would it offer the bike better protection from the wet stuff?Havent totally made up my mind yet...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
              +1 on the weather...after my last fiasco in the rain I am rather leary about wet weather...by the way I have been considering this Hannigan fairing forsale here on the site...do you think it would fit my bike? Would it offer the bike better protection from the wet stuff?Havent totally made up my mind yet...

Unless it comes with a roof I would say no. You still get wet...just slower.

Comment

exhausting

Hi randy,
                Don’t know if I will be able to make this. My bike exhaust developed a major sized break at the collector. I attempted to patch it but all attempts have failed. I have just purchased a Jardien 4-1 exhaust but am not sure when it will arrive or how it will affect the bikes performance.
                I have been away the last few weeks and am itchy to ride. I really should get one of those 750s running so I can have a back up bike for times like this.
                Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
                Owner of:
                1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
                140 mains
                45 pilot jets
                Floats at 24mm
                Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

The weather gods are smiling

Weather report is good, 81 and sunny! I'll meet up with Ben and Earl at the book store / visitor's center in the median on Palisade's Pkwy at 11 AM Ben, I believe you know where that is, right? And for anyone coming from the NYC area, I'll be at the gas station on Palisades Pkwy just north of Fort Lee, NJ at 10AM for a Dunkin Donuts stop.

Comment

Weather report is good, 81 and sunny! I'll meet up with Ben and Earl at the book store / visitor's center in the median on Palisade's Pkwy at 11 AM Ben, I believe you know where that is, right? And for anyone coming from the NYC area, I'll be at the gas station on Palisades Pkwy just north of Fort Lee, NJ at 10AM for a Dunkin Donuts stop.
                    YEP I know where its at...bring your rain gear just in case...I never leave home without it...that way it wont rain...LOL...so where are we going after Bear Mtn?
                    Earl We should meet at the Exxon like last time I was thinking 10 a.m. but maybe thats too late...9:30 should work ok...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

BTW, are you meeting in Peekskill? If so, you would have passed Bear Mountain?

After the summit stop, I thought we'd go into a local town for lunch. There's a good and inexpensive Mexican joint there. Gareth and I ate there last time we were up that way. After that a short toot through some mountain roads, then split.

Comment

After the summit stop, I thought we'd go into a local town for lunch. There's a good and inexpensive Mexican joint there. Gareth and I ate there last time we were up that way. After that a short toot through some mountain roads, then split.
                        Noooo not that gas station..LOL..Earl and I met at the Exxon at the jct of I-78 and I-287 in Bedminster NJ...oh Mexican food...my fave Love toot on the scoot too
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I guess I'll meet you guys at the summit. Around 11AM, sound right??

Comment

That's about right, Russ. It'll be good to see you again.

Comment

Randy,

Looks like I got my fuel leak issues corrected (fingers crossed!!!!), allowing me to paratke in my first run

I will be coming from Fords, NJ. I'm not familiar with the gas station you mention on the palisades. How long should I give myself to get there to meet up with you at 10AM?

Thanks,
                              Chuck
                              Chuck Ditta

2008 HD FatBoy - My experiment with the dark side!!!

1980 XS1100LG (Donated to a friend (and lifelong XS'er) in need)
                              K&N Air Filter
                              Mike's XS "Green" Coils

Comment

Chuck,

I'm picking up a group of about 16 Jerseyites in Hackensack at 10AM, kickstands up at 10:30. It's about 32 mi from Fords by Mapquest. Here's the address and the link to the map.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Ford...26+Main+Street

Ruben's Smoke Stack

326 Main Street

Hackensack, NJ 07601

201-498-0332

Comment

Working...
                                X