No announcement yet.

Bear Mountain run June 13 or 14th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey randy, this little ride keeps getting better, save me a spot. hook up with rman and anybody else. order parts for my bike so that will be fix. anybody need a rubber band? i got one.
    80 xs1100G

Comment

Earl,

You got the coolest mod ever! And at a good price, too! What's it like, $2 for a hundred? I say leave the Earl-Band on even after you change the spring!

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
        Earl,

You got the coolest mod ever! And at a good price, too! What's it like, $2 for a hundred? I say leave the Earl-Band on even after you change the spring!
        So what day have you picked??? If its Sunday the 14th I can make this...weather permitting....On the day before I am doing a RTE for breakfast in Putnam Valley NY...a place called Niese Maple Farm...they make killer maple pancakes and other breakfasts too all in a barn...LOL thats' with some of the ST-Owners...so I will be going thru the Bear mtn /hudson river region again... BTW I believe I have resolved my seat comfort issues...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

It seems more people can make it on Sunday, so if the weather is good both days, then let's call it Sunday. 11 AM at the Bear Mountain Summit. If you're looking it up, the road is Perkins Memorial Drive. Leaving Bear Mountain at 11:30 sharp, it's 60 mi to Rhinebeck.

Comment

Well looks like the SWMBO is out for this run. I am still not 100% sure I can make it as I may have to work this weekend. If I do make the run my 17yr old daughter says she is up for a day on the bike.

earl, any ideas as to what route you may be taking? estimated time of departure?
            Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
            Owner of:
            1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
            140 mains
            45 pilot jets
            Floats at 24mm
            Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

earl, any ideas as to what route you may be taking? estimated time of departure?[/QUOTE]

not yet. if you are going i would me you by your house or at the dinner. have to map it out. what was you plan? when i went to the east rally i met ben at 78 & 287 in nj. maybe 80? early
              80 xs1100G

Comment

Earl and Ray if you guys want to meet at the Exxon again off 78 and 287 let me know...I am planning to head up there the same way we did 2 wks ago...287 to the Palisades Pkwy to the bear mtn park...summit..its the last exit before you get to the bear mtn bridge
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hi,
                  Ben, 287 and rt 78 is a little south for me. I would be comming across 80 to 287. What rt number is the palisades parkway?

Owner of:
                  1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
                  140 mains
                  45 pilot jets
                  Floats at 24mm
                  Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

On 287 you have to go past where it meets the NY Thruway (I87) and stay on 287 towards the TappanZee bridge...the Palisades Pkwy is is exit 13N and its roughly about 18-20 miles to the last exit before the bear mtn. bridge.
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

If it suits you guys, I can meet up with you on the Palisades Parkway, then we can go the last 5-6 miles to the summit together. Just before the last exit there is a book store/visitors center (on the center median on the left). I'll be there at 10:30 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                        If it suits you guys, I can meet up with you on the Palisades Parkway, then we can go the last 5-6 miles to the summit together. Just before the last exit there is a book store/visitors center (on the center median on the left). I'll be there at 10:30 or so.
                        That works for me although I pretty much know this area...I could meet you there...I've seen the place alot lateley although I've never stopped there.
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

OK, see you there, Ben

Comment

Ok I think I got it. Still not sure about the location of the visitors center. I will bring a cell along just in case. I will get randys cell# from the rally booklet.

earl, its a lot of slab riding but it is the shortest time to get there. I can meet you at Snydersville diner if you want or at the gas station by Schocks Harley Davidson.

1: Start out going SOUTH on PA-715/ ROUTE 715/ CREEK RD toward US-209. 0.0 mi Map

2: Take US-209 N. 11.5 mi MapAvoid

3: Merge onto I-80 E (Crossing into NEW JERSEY). 49.5 mi MapAvoid

4: Merge onto I-287 N via EXIT 43 toward BOONTON/ MAHWAH (Crossing into NEW YORK). 26.1 mi MapAvoid

5: Merge onto I-287 E/ I-87 S/ NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY S toward TAPPAN ZEE BR/ NEW YORK CITY. 9.6 mi MapAvoid

6: Take the PALISADES PKY NORTH exit, EXIT 13N, toward BEAR MTN. 0.3 mi MapAvoid

7: Merge onto PALISADES INTERSTATE PKWY N. 18.4 mi MapAvoid

8: Enter next roundabout and take 1st exit onto US-202 S/ US-9W S. 0.5 mi MapAvoid

9: End at Bear Mountain, NY Map

Estimated Time: 2 hours 6 minutes Estimated Distance: 115.84 miles

Owner of:
                            1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
                            140 mains
                            45 pilot jets
                            Floats at 24mm
                            Running Rich

Comment

7: Merge onto PALISADES INTERSTATE PKWY N. 18.4 mi
                              Just north of Exit #16 is the Visitor Center/Book Store on the center median.

Comment

ray, i'll met you at shocks. set the time. ben the place to met us is around 80 and 287. we will be coming west on 80. randy, i remember seeing the book store in the middle. was there two on that highway? but when we meet ben he will lead the way, knows the area well.
                                80 xs1100G

Comment

Working...
                                X