Bear Mountain run June 13 or 14th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear Mountain run June 13 or 14th?

Taking a run to Bear Mountain summit on June 13 or 14, who's in?

Wife's family reunion that weekend. I can't afford the divorce.

BTW which Bear Mountain?
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

I should be at or near Vancovuer BC about then.
      Tom
      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Right. I didn't expect anyone to come 400+ miles for lunch, but with yooose guys, who knows?

I know there are a few NYC locals on the forum that may be interested?

Comment

Bear Mtn. run

If it's the 14th I should be able to make it. Got any ideas on the itinerary yet?
          1978 XS1100E, full dress w/Velorex 700 side car (My Blue 'leven) 1980 XS1100SG (as of yet un-named)

Comment

Itinerary is:

meet at the summit around 11, ride to a lunch spot and enjoy some of the nice roads there, then split. Just a day trip. How far up 17 are you?

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
              Itinerary is:

meet at the summit around 11, ride to a lunch spot and enjoy some of the nice roads there, then split. Just a day trip. How far up 17 are you?
              actually, I'm up the thruway, 35mi south of Albany. Sounds like a plan. Definate on Sunday, not as Definate on Saturday.
              1978 XS1100E, full dress w/Velorex 700 side car (My Blue 'leven) 1980 XS1100SG (as of yet un-named)

Comment

Oh, I guess when I read Catskill Mts I ass-umed up Rt 17.

OK, folks. now we have a Date-June 14. Time-11AM. Place-Bear Mountain Summit. Lunch-Stony Point.

Comment

Hey Randy,
                  Sounds good to me.... Top of Perkins Memorial or just the Inn? I'll bring more miscreants.....lol
                  1979 XS1100SF "Sakura Natsuhiboshi"

Comment

Yes, Perkins at the tower, the inn is still under renovation. Too bad, would have been a good place for lunch.

Comment

SWMBO Too?

Hi, randy.
                      This looks like a long ride out about 2 hrs for me on the slab, But I am strongly considering makeing it out there for this. SWMBO looks like she would like to come along too. I am not familiar with the meating place or the area so any details would be of great assistance. I have already looked up 3 routes to get to Bear mountain.

Hope we can make it.
                      Ray and Deb
                      Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
                      Owner of:
                      1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
                      140 mains
                      45 pilot jets
                      Floats at 24mm
                      Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

Ray, I can meet you guys at the traffic circle, let me know.

Comment

The weather was too good to waste, so I took a ride up to Bear Mtn this morning, it was lousy with two-wheelers! Some pics in the link below:

http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/n...in%20May%2030/

Comment

Antique Motorcycle Club of America / Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome

As luck would have it, and this really IS luck, Saturday & Sunday June 13 & 14 the Antique Motorcycle Club of America is holding a national meet in Rhinebeck , NY at the old Aerodrome. Here's my plan:

Meet at the Bear Mountain Summit at 11, ride up along the Hudson on 9W where we find a place for lunch, then cross the Hudson just north of Kingston to the show. Admission is $15. BTW, also part of the show is the Vintage Japanese Club

And the Aerodrome has air shows, biplane rides and displays of antique aircraft. Should make for fun day all around. Let's watch the weather and firm up the day by mid-next week.

Check out the link to the AMCA: http://www.rhinebecknationalmeet.com/

And the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome: http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/default.htm

Comment

Great!

Originally posted by randy View Post
                              As luck would have it, and this really IS luck, Saturday & Sunday June 13 & 14 the Antique Motorcycle Club of America is holding a national meet in Rhinebeck , NY at the old Aerodrome. Here's my plan:

Meet at the Bear Mountain Summit at 11, ride up along the Hudson on 9W where we find a place for lunch, then cross the Hudson just north of Kingston to the show. Admission is $15. BTW, also part of the show is the Vintage Japanese Club

And the Aerodrome has air shows, biplane rides and displays of antique aircraft. Should make for fun day all around. Let's watch the weather and firm up the day by mid-next week.

Check out the link to the AMCA: http://www.rhinebecknationalmeet.com/

And the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome: http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/default.htm
                              That would work out great for me! I beleave this is one of the big events and should be out standing. I know a guy who shows Harleys there. Of course the one selfish reason I have is that it leaves me off in my back yard!

Comment

Working...
                              X