No announcement yet.

XSEast 09 Official Head Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What dummy would schedule a recital on a holiday weekend? Go figure. That's a tough call, Don.

Make the dance, scoot over on Sat night in time for dinner (7?). Makes the girls happy, takes the pressure off you. But we can't promise there will be any beer left if you arrive late!

Comment

He did say "girl friend" so I'm guessing there is no pre-nup, so what's to decide? She can take photos of her day and you can take photos of your day. Share later.

You know, this might be a good thing to do now.....

Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyA View Post
        He did say "girl friend" so I'm guessing there is no pre-nup, so what's to decide? She can take photos of her day and you can take photos of your day. Share later.

You know, this might be a good thing to do now.....

Yes!

Could save you a lot of grief down the road!

Paul
        1983 XJ1100 Maxim
        1979 XS1100 Standard
        1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

It's all about priorities.....
          Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

Originally posted by DJinNH View Post
            I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do this. My girlfriend's daughter has a dance recital Saturday afternoon. A dance recital....on freaking Memorial Day Weekend. Who the heck.....?????

Anyway, so I may either show up Friday to make the Saturday ride, then have my girlfriend meet me, or, wait until Saturday afternoon to head over with her. I think she is hoping I will attend the recital with her to make her daughter happy. Hmmmmm....I know what the right thing to do is, just don't know if I want to do the "right thing".

Don

Update: My girlfriend told me the recital is now on Sunday, not Saturday. That works as now we both can at least show up Friday, ride Saturday and either go home that night (to NH) or leave Sunday morning.

I've got my 1100SG in the Yamaha shop right now getting new tires and my rear break fixed so it doesn't stick anymore. Other than that, it should be good to go.

Don
            currently own;
            1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
            2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Priorities

Originally posted by MartyA View Post
              It's all about priorities.....
              Marty,
              Do not forget to tell these want to ride...but...types about cell phone dangers. Did you hear about the fellow in Kenosha?? Hard to believe...such an incredible story.

It is easy to want to do everything. I just can not be two places at once, no matter how hard I try.
              It is a great big beautiful world out there
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Originally posted by DJinNH View Post
                Update: My girlfriend told me the recital is now on Sunday, not Saturday. That works as now we both can at least show up Friday, ride Saturday and either go home that night (to NH) or leave Sunday morning.

I've got my 1100SG in the Yamaha shop right now getting new tires and my rear break fixed so it doesn't stick anymore. Other than that, it should be good to go.

Don
                Hi Don,
                Leave After Breakfast Sunday plenty of time to get to recital.
                Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Dinner

Have we stabalized at 45 for dinner or is the magic 50 stil possible?
                  Inquiring minds need to know.
                  Phil
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Yeah, Phil, looks like we've topped out at 45. A good turnout and a good time will be had by all, I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                      Yeah, Phil, looks like we've topped out at 45. A good turnout and a good time will be had by all, I'm sure.
                      Hi Randy,
                      I do not know if anyone has kept records of how many attend XSeast over the yerars but 45 sounds like a big number. I think we have broken 40 before mabe 43
                      Phil
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Well, I know last year we had 40, so it's growing!

Comment

WHOA!!!

46! Who was it that snuck in there?

Comment

Big

This is going to be BIG!
                            Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
                            Owner of:
                            1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
                            140 mains
                            45 pilot jets
                            Floats at 24mm
                            Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

Hey Don: I did that last year,picnic Saturday, daughters dance recital at night.

My Son and I hit the road at 4:30am Sunday @35 degrees outside and got to Stroudsburg at 9:30. Ride till 4:30 picnic in Stroudsburg at relatives at 5 till 7.

Back to the motel for rest and Monday was soon enough to hit the road home at 7am to make the last picnic at 12 noon.

560 Miles in 31 hours, oh sore butt and back, I'm a wimp
                              1967 Bultaco Metralla 250
                              RD125
                              1973 CT3 175
                              78 XS1100E
                              80 XS850SG

Comment

Originally posted by pete_s View Post
                                560 Miles in 31 hours, oh sore butt and back, I'm a wimp
                                What you should do is 1000 miles in 24 hours.... then you an get the paper.

But then that reminds me of the guy from Michigan that came over to Ontario and did the metric ride and then after doing that he went off to try to finish off the 1500miles in 36 hours. He ran out of steam. (too tired) It is always good to know when you should stop because of safety. Bike still wanted to go. It was an XS11. I think it was a 1978 model year!
                                Last edited by Huron52; 05-03-2009, 04:50 PM.
                                Tom
                                2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                                gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Working...
                                X