XS north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blue giant View Post
    Gary, the luxury suites hold 4 people so if you can hook up with another couple it's a lot more reasonable.
    JAT

Paul
    Says 1 Queen sized bed and a pull out sofa, not exactly equal accomadations for two couples, but may be doable. I'll watch and see if any is looking for roomates, but it may not be a good weekend for me anyway, would have to take 48 hrs vacation, dogs in kennel etc. $1000 weekend for us easy. Expensive rooms just pushed it over the top....
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

Gary, I would need a spot but like you, not sure about this trip yet.

By the way, I was gazing at the NY map to find a good way to Vermont other than the stupid thruway. Thought perhaps you would have a good idea or maybe even get together with you guys for the ride there in May. RT 29 caught my eye but I know nothing about it....
      80 SG
      81 SH in parts
      99 ST1100
      91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by mrsixtysix View Post
        Says 1 Queen sized bed and a pull out sofa, not exactly equal accomadations for two couples, but may be doable. I'll watch and see if any is looking for roomates, but it may not be a good weekend for me anyway, would have to take 48 hrs vacation, dogs in kennel etc. $1000 weekend for us easy. Expensive rooms just pushed it over the top....
        Gary,
        She told me it was a queen size pullout but yes the rate is a bit steep. We need a getaway so I'm going to bite the bullet on this one.

Cheers, Paul
        Paul
        1983 XJ1100 Maxim
        1979 XS1100 Standard
        1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Hi

There is more than one Motel in Barry's Bay, Stay tuned. The others are close.

Ted

Comment

Rooms

The Mountain View Inn is only about 5 miles away. They should have quite a few rooms and the rates are reasonable.
            1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
            1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
            1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
            1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
            2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

Originally posted by xsilerating View Post
              The Mountain View Inn is only about 5 miles away. They should have quite a few rooms and the rates are reasonable.
              Thanks Ron, perhaps I'll look into that!

Paul
              Paul
              1983 XJ1100 Maxim
              1979 XS1100 Standard
              1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Dena and I were thinking of coming but all they have left are the $149 a night luxury suites, so for now we will stay home. Y'all have fun
                Hi Gary,
                As Paul has pointed out a second bed to share expense. Remember those are Canadian $$$ so about $50 your money well really only about 20% less but it would be good to have you along. Seriously the suites do suit couples better. 2 couples sharing is $75 Can per couple.

Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by laxdad View Post
                  Gary, I would need a spot but like you, not sure about this trip yet.

By the way, I was gazing at the NY map to find a good way to Vermont other than the stupid thruway. Thought perhaps you would have a good idea or maybe even get together with you guys for the ride there in May. RT 29 caught my eye but I know nothing about it....
                  Hi Laxdad,
                  Spare beds will be available once we get all the rooms booked so don't give up yet
                  Please don't mix rallies on this thread. Happy to discuss rt29 on the other thread though
                  Phil
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

AAAHHHH!!!
                    As I feared some are still posting on the SOXS ride thread for things that belong here. As Brent would say: Herding Cats
                    Tom has revealed that ALL ROOMS have TWO double beds Single refers to what that person has booked.
                    Big Daddy Snores .... so he wants to be on his own
                    Maxim Phil Snores & Farts willing to share .....room NOT bed
                    Others have extra bed or sofabed in their rooms.
                    we knew we were going to have a problem there just are not any motels with enough rooms in the area.... which is why the roads are still good for riding.
                    Phil
                    1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

I booked the 1 with a kitchen in it and beds for 3 people
                      Ralph

Comment

Hey Gary & Dena,
                        Mapquest says you are 234 miles from Barry's Bay and 4 hr 41 minutes travel time. I would be disappointed if you can not shave 41 minutes out of that one day event arrive Friday night leave Sunday morning be home before sunset on Sunday.
                        Phil
                        1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by xsilerating View Post

Mountain View in Wilno ON 1 613 756 2757
                          Balmoral Hotel in Barry's Bay ON 1 613 338 3147
                          Google for details
                          I would really like for us all to be at the Ashcroft Inn and so far I believe we can get everyone in. I had the Mountain Reserved for our group until the Ashcroft was selected to be the " home base" for this event.

Phil
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Hey

Here is a little map of the location of the 3 motels. Click to make it bigger

Ted

Comment

I fully understand if you can't make Gary and Dena. If you had to work that weekend because of shift work I can see where it would be expensive on the holidays. Been there done that! Doesn't count boarding the animals.
                              Tom
                              2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                              gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

rooms

Hey Gary ,

If it helps to convince you and your wife to come along I will gladly switch to a luxury suite and you can take the double I booked. Just get the room booked for now !

James
                                BDF Special
                                80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
                                Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Working...
                                X