No announcement yet.

XS north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brent could use a bed for Friday night. He'll be heading home after lunch Saturday. If someone offers for one night that would be great, otherwise he has contingencies.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Trailer park boys

OK, I just confirmed with the Ashgrove. My son and I will be in the "5th Wheel" suite.

We'll be bringing the video camera so be careful, what happens in Barry's Bay just might not stay in Barry's Bay.

And I'm not sure about bed availablity, but if there's an extra spot, Brent is more then welcome to use it.

Brian
      Brian
      1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
      1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
      remembering the same thing!

Comment

• Room 10 booked for fri and Sat night.

Now need to find passenger pegs and helmet for wife.

Adam

Comment

• Ok.... Brent if you are reading this you got a place to sleep friday night!
          Tom
          2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
          gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Hi all well i have waited for this week to decide that i wont be comming do to heath reasons. I hope to make it up friday or saturday for dinner with everyone but am not able to ride that far so will drive the car up.

Jim
            http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...all2008017.jpg

Comment

• Helpful Hints

A couple of thoughts that may or may not be useful
              The Ashgrove is a not too far from Barry's Bay by bike. There is nothing next door. We are in rural Ontario Think Trees & Lakes.
              Barry;s Bay has limited food options Subway Mr Sub and the Dairy with a familystyle restuarant are the food options I recall and the motel of course.
              Do not expect places to stay open late. You will need Canadiian $$ cash for small purchases Credit cards for the big ones
              From the Ashgrove take Hwy62 North to Barry;s Bay , you will know when you get there as it is a T intersection.Hwy 60. Gas Station on the right.
              Turn right for Subway & Mr Sub.
              Turn left for most others.(West)
              First street Left for LCBO (=Liquor & Imported Beer ) Bank and Dairy Restuarant
              Straight on (West) leads to The Beer Store where you can buy COLD BEER

Enjoy your rides ( drives) in and I look forward to seing you all there.

The Maxim is washed and the oil has been changed. Must check the tire pressures before the off
              I plan to arrive around 6:30 pm

Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Ride home

I know we are not there yet I plan to head home after Breakfast on Sunday.
                I will be going West on Hwy 60 passing through Algonquin Park to Hwy 35 where I will turn South to Minden then on to Orrilia and crossing over Hwy 400 and meandering South to Mississauga. The first part along Hwy 60 is cast in stone after that i am flexible.
                Phil
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                  I know we are not there yet I plan to head home after Breakfast on Sunday.
                  I will be going West on Hwy 60 passing through Algonquin Park to Hwy 35 where I will turn South to Minden then on to Orrilia and crossing over Hwy 400 and meandering South to Mississauga. The first part along Hwy 60 is cast in stone after that i am flexible.
                  Phil

So then you will be up for a twisty road on the way home?
                  Tom
                  2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                  gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Well it turns out that Kathi and I have to cancel as well. I went to my DR. this morning as the illness I picked up while down south is NOT gone yet. Seems I might have the swine flu (will know after the blood work is in). In any event the Dr. advised me not to attend this weekend. This is not turning out to be the summer that I had looked forward to. We were booked at the Mountainview so I know there is at least one room available there as I just canceled.

Carl
                    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyA View Post
                      Brent could use a bed for Friday night. He'll be heading home after lunch Saturday. If someone offers for one night that would be great, otherwise he has contingencies.
                      Maybe I'm mistaken, but I originally thought that Brent was going to bunk with Ralph and me. As far as I know we still have a triple room. Either way Brent you have no worries about laying down for the night. We won't let you sleep in the woods:-)

Wayner
                      80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
                      Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

• Arrival on Friday

What time is everyone arriving on Friday ?
                        XJ1100K
                        Avon rubber
                        MikesXS black coils
                        Iridium plugs w/ 1k caps
                        MikesXS front master
                        Paragon SS brake lines (unlinked)
                        Loud Horns (Stebel/Fiamm)
                        Progressive fork springs
                        CIBIE headlight reflector
                        YICS Eliminator

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenix Rider View Post
                          Maybe I'm mistaken, but I originally thought that Brent was going to bunk with Ralph and me. As far as I know we still have a triple room. Either way Brent you have no worries about laying down for the night. We won't let you sleep in the woods:-)

Wayner
                          Hey Wayner!
                          Brent is here I was just posting for him, eh?
                          The Ash Grove photos show two beds, so we were thinking you would be sleeping with either Brent or Ralph. Under the same covers...
                          Tom C has two beds and one person so he could share. We can discuss when we get there.
                          Brent has to leave for home after Saturday lunch.
                          Marty in NW PA
                          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                          This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
                            So then you will be up for a twisty road on the way home?
                            Hi Tom,
                            Oh Yeah ! Know any ? Let's discuss over a Beer or Breakfast.
                            Hwy 6 is about my western limit for the ride home depending on who is in.
                            Se you on Friday. Bring your Moose pictures.
                            Phil
                            1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• Ride Safe

Hi,
                              Some of you have left home already. Have a safe journey and see you all at the AshGrove Inn for a cold beer Friday.
                              Enjoy the Ride

Phil
                              1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyA View Post
                                Hey Wayner!
                                you would be sleeping with either Brent or Ralph. Under the same covers...
                                That's what I'm planning anyways...nudge, nudge wink,wink
                                80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
                                Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Working...
                                X