Northeast CT Ride Oct 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the gear...

As long as you don't mind all black leather, sort of Harleyesque! Hey, I USED to be one of those...I've turned over a new leaf! Even got a full face helmet now! So bring on the cooler temps! I'm ready!
    Far as I'm concerned I run with a much better crowd these days!!! But there's no reason to throw out the old gear! It was expensive! And it works!!
    Less experienced, I am! I'm learning quickly, though. Slow speed stuff is still a problem, but Randy seems to think I may need steering bearings looked at. Clutch and throttle definitely need adjustment. It could just be the lowering, but at slow speeds you have to muscle her around like a fully loaded wheelbarrow. You guys can give your learned opinions when I get there. I'll allow you all to take her around the block to see if the lowering made a difference in handling.
    I'll be riding quite a bit, weather permitting, in the days coming up to this so that I won't be a burden to all of you.
    Nothing worse than holding everyone up...
    80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
    79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

BTW...

Hi-Viz Yellow. Is that the official title of that crazy jacket?

Do they put on the labelling that it can be seen from space?

Just kidding!!!!
      79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Ha Ha Ha

Originally posted by CarolynS
        Hi-Viz Yellow. Is that the official title of that crazy jacket?

Do they put on the labelling that it can be seen from space?

Just kidding!!!!
        Thats funny...its actually Hi-Viz Lime/Yellow.The gear is made by Olympia.The jacket I had this summer was the Mesh jacket called the Airglide ll.The jacket I will be using for this ride will be the heavier Olympia AST(All Season Touring)and its not mesh.So I'll be toasty if the temps and in the 50's or lower.Thing is it may look nerdy but ppl definitely notice me...and thats all I care abt.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I gotta tease you a little! It's my nature!

I have my Walter Dyer leather jacket w/ liner, but I also carry a Polar Fleece zip up liner(from a Columbia parka)to wear under it if it's really cool. My big thing is my neck! I can't stand the back of my neck getting cold(right, Ron?). I have a Columbia turtle fur to wear too.
          I should be all set!!
          Woo-Hoo!!
          79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Hey its all good... whatever floats your boat Turtle fur is cozy...I have a ski hat made of that stuff..love it.I'm a metabolic heater so I'm always hot
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hey, Ben, how many hilighters will I need to make my jacket flourescent? I wanna be just like you when I grow up! HEHE!

Comment

I suggest luminescent paint!

Dayglo Yellow LMAoooooo...Loud colors save lives...Gee I didnt think anyone wanted to emulate me???Heck if you're ridin with me ..I'm all you need ...well just for viz..that is ..LOL
                On a more serious note... I am concerned that many of my "fellow" riders wear colors that are dark and not especially visible.I firmly believe in ATGATT.I have yet to learn the hard way,but I have from others less fortunate than I.I've lost at least one close friend due to his lack of riding apparrel So I have become a hardass abt it.Still,it is one's personal choice and thus the consequences fall where they do.Will ATGATT save your life? No guarantees there...but hopefully it will and also minimize ones injuries as well.Sorry to hijack this thread ...
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Unfortunately, work commitments prevent Carolyn and I from attending. We wish you all good weather and safe travel.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Look for updates on XSEast '09 coming soon.

Comment

Bummer!

Originally posted by randy
                    Unfortunately, work commitments prevent Carolyn and I from attending. We wish you all good weather and safe travel.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Look for updates on XSEast '09 coming soon.
                    Paul
                    1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                    1979 XS1100 Standard
                    1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Gonna balk at this one

Well without Randy and Carolyn...I pretty much fold too.Called the motel to cancel.Guess you guys will have to wait til next year to try your sunglasses out with my Hi-Viz jacket
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thanks Bob E

Well Bob... I guess the turn of events recently here plus other committments have pretty much killed this ride.Still...Thankyou for volunteering to take the lead on this ride.I am sure come Springtime we'll be getting together...only 8 months away from XSEast'09.I still have not been to the Quabbin Reservior...nxt yr.Take care....BNE
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Bob,

I'm still good to go if you want to do a "leaf peeping" ride (weather permitting). Who knows we may pick up some 'replacements' along the way.

Comment

Geeeez....who's left besides me and Russ?

Hey Ben, what are we, chopped liver? No go if Randy and Carolyn can't go?

I'm gonna see if Russ Neal wants to get away for a bit, probably won't know until the last minute for him.

I do know a couple of Venturers who might want to go.

I will be out of town Saturday (tomorrow) through Tuesday night, but I'll try to keep in touch. If you guys want to can the ride, it's not a problem with me.
                            BobE
                            Richmond, RI
                            1980 XS1100G - "The Old Coot"

PREVIOUS RIDES
                            2005 Venture, 1993 Venture, 1983 Venture
                            1978 Gold Wing, 1983 Gold Wing
                            1975 CB500T, 1983 Husqvarna 250WR
                            1981 XL500, 1975 CB750K5
                            1981 CB900F, 1965 C200 (Honda 90)
                            1968 Powell Challenger (Hairy-Chested Mini-bike)

Comment

Originally posted by BobE
                              If you guys want to can the ride, it's not a problem with me.
                              What guys?

Hey I'm riding that weekend anyway so its just a matter where to point the front wheel. Let me know.

Comment

replacement

Originally posted by Scootstado2
                                Bob,

I'm still good to go if you want to do a "leaf peeping" ride (weather permitting). Who knows we may pick up some 'replacements' along the way.
                                i want to ride, i want to ride, what is the plan?
                                80 xs1100G

Comment

Working...
                                X