Northeast CT Ride Oct 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeast CT Ride Oct 12th

Ok I started this thread to concentrate all the posts specifc to this ride...as Randy said Columbus Day weekend looks to be a good date..so if there are no objections then we can go with that date.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Re: Northeast CT Ride Oct 12th

Originally posted by madmax-im
    Ok I started this thread to concentrate all the posts specifc to this ride...as Randy said Columbus Day weekend looks to be a good date..so if there are no objections then we can go with that date.
    Sounds good to me.

Bob, I'll spend a night (Sun). Motel can be old & small but must be clean. I prefer the old style, park in front of your room type.

You must have some old Mom & Pop ones around.

Comment

I have only one thing to say...

Woo-Hoo!
      80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
      79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Hey, don't check with ole BobE (you know, the organizer?) to see if he has that weekend off or anything!

Okay, we'll plan on Columbus Day weekend. I'm thinking a nice little motel called the Budget Inn in Dayville, CT, off Exit 93 on I-395, or on CT-101. Here's some information...
        Budget Inn of Dayville
        771 Hartford Pike, Dayville, CT - (860) 774-4515ý

I don't know anything about this place, other than it's a Budget Inn, up on a hill, has parking outside the door, looks like a nice clean place, normal rates seem to be around $60/night, and has favorable reviews concerning its cleanliness. It's about 4-5 miles from the Golden Greek, but it's located near an intersection with donut shops, Burger King, gas stations, and a bar (for Pete's Sake). Dayville is also a good take-off point for rides in the area, whether they be in CT, MA, or RI.

Since you guys would be spending the money to stay there, it would be greatly appreciated if one of you folks would do me a favor and give them a call once we have an idea of numbers to see what kind of rates we can get for that weekend.

As for me staying there, I'm only about 30-40 miles from there, so it's not a big deal for me to go home. I appreciate the offers of doubling up, though!
        BobE
        Richmond, RI
        1980 XS1100G - "The Old Coot"

PREVIOUS RIDES
        2005 Venture, 1993 Venture, 1983 Venture
        1978 Gold Wing, 1983 Gold Wing
        1975 CB500T, 1983 Husqvarna 250WR
        1981 XL500, 1975 CB750K5
        1981 CB900F, 1965 C200 (Honda 90)
        1968 Powell Challenger (Hairy-Chested Mini-bike)

Comment

Since is kinda far from my house..I'd come up Sat afternoon and stay 2 nites...Sat and Sun.I might just trailer the bike up there.Then just off load it and do our thing.I'm a little burned out with all the mileage lately.This past weekend I did just abt 1000 miles So Far it looks like the following for a motel room...
          Myself
          Randy
          Carolyn
          Russ
          Last edited by madmax-im; 09-22-2008, 06:17 PM.
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Anybody else?
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I doubt we're going to have enough to qualify for a special rate, but I'll contact the hotel this morning and see what they can offer.

Comment

Basic rate is $55 for a single full bed, $65 for two full beds. Guy I spoke to was not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so I'll call back later for possible group rate discounts.

This Budget Inn has no affiliation with the large chain, so can't book on-line, must do it by telephone.

Comment

Thanks Randy...I'll be making a reservation today.If the rate is correct $55 is quite reasonable.I have revised my itinerary and will not stay over Sat night since I'll most likely trailer the bike up there.I am getting lazy in my old age...LOL
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

You're not old or lazy...

Consider it mature and wise!

Can't wait to see you again, Ben. Missed you on this last ride.

This is gonna be great! Clutch cable adjust today, and signals fixed completely when I get down to CT. I'll make do for the ride down with them the way they are.

Expect one very ratty, leopard skin seat covered, Witch to be there!!!
                    80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
                    79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Gee Carolyn... you have a way of making me feel younger I too missed being with you all So I hope to make this.We've not spent alot of time together so this would be a great opp.to do so.
                      I'm still not 100% certain i will trailer the bike,but I am leaning towards that end.I have already done 2 trips to PA and 2 trips to CT this year.Seems like I cant get enough of these states.But I'm no spring chicken and the mileage is beginning to wear on me a tad bit.
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im
                        Gee Carolyn... you have a way of making me feel younger I too missed being with you all So I hope to make this.We've not spent alot of time together so this would be a great opp.to do so.
                        I'm still not 100% certain i will trailer the bike,but I am leaning towards that end.I have already done 2 trips to PA and 2 trips to CT this year.Seems like I cant get enough of these states.But I'm no spring chicken and the mileage is beginning to wear on me a tad bit.
                        I would trailer it. The route up here is boring slab most of the way. It's the same with me heading south. 84 to 81, boring, boring, trucks, trucks, trucks.

Comment

Boring slab never bothers me much, coming from new Yawk, i just point it and don't think much about the trip, but the destination.

The Budget Inn will give us a 10% discount on anything above 4 rooms. Do we even have 4 rooms to book? Don't know! 10% is only 5-6 bucks either way!

Well, there you have it, start calling and mention the "XS Motorcycle Group"

See ya there!

Comment

Originally posted by randy
                            Boring slab never bothers me much, coming from new Yawk, i just point it and don't think much about the trip, but the destination.

The Budget Inn will give us a 10% discount on anything above 4 rooms. Do we even have 4 rooms to book? Don't know! 10% is only 5-6 bucks either way!

Well, there you have it, start calling and mention the "XS Motorcycle Group"

See ya there!
                            I guess it depends if they want room nights or total rooms. If Max does one night, you do 2 and I do one that's four room nights but only 3 rooms. Can we cancel? If you don't know I'll ask when I call.

Comment

Russ,

You should call. I don't want to be the one to blow their minds with that complicated math problem. The people I spoke to wouldn't understand it!

Comment

Working...
                              X