No announcement yet.

North West Ct Ride Sept 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete, are you bringing your daughter again? She was very cute. I have a picture of her sitting on the ground next to your bike that I didn't post.

I thought this was a nice little shot. She looked completely at home! I hope she had a good time.
    If you bring your son, we'll pack a pillow for him to land on this time! I remember the story about him taking a nose dive off the bike. Poor thing.
    See you there!
    80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
    79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Nice photo Carolyn. Sarah loved the ride once we had some food. By the end of the day, I think she had her eyes on the seat of the Goldwing that Ron had with us. My better half Vicky is planning to ride this covered bridge trip with me (everybody gets a turn this year) but I'm sure Pete Jr will tag along on a future trip, hopefully not to test out the pillow
      1967 Bultaco Metralla 250
      RD125
      1973 CT3 175
      78 XS1100E
      80 XS850SG

Comment

I don't mean to be anti-social being only as far away as NH but my legs and feet injuries keep my rides somewhat shorter than I care for.

I'd come down the night before if only I could train this dog of mine to use my toilet....and they say German Shepherds are suppose to be smart.

I don't have anyone I could leave him with.

I still would like to make the VT ride when that comes up though. I may go with a kennel for that trip. He'll survive.

Don
        currently own;
        1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
        2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Is this ride open to us Canadians as well?

Paul
          1983 XJ1100 Maxim
          1979 XS1100 Standard
          1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

And what would make you think that it wasn't?

Comment

Just thought I'd ask Randy.

Paul
              1983 XJ1100 Maxim
              1979 XS1100 Standard
              1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by blue giant
                Is this ride open to us Canadians as well?

Only if you have made your required payment to 'Jim Hamilton'.

Only kidding.. Of course Canuks are welcome. Probably not an official ride without at least one.

Comment

booked hotel for saturday night.
                  80 xs1100G

Comment

Originally posted by earl G
                    booked hotel for saturday night.
                    Great! Look forward to seeing you again.

Comment

Just got back from our club's weeklong event in Lake Placid and thought I'd check in here. The Old Coot ran superb for 7 straight days, running sweep sometimes, leading the packs other times, until the very last ride of the very last day of the event.

30 miles from base I was leading a group to Ausable Chasm when we rounded a corner and the Coot died...immediately...with a backfire when I tried to restart it. Being new to the Coot, I naturally let Russ (rneal55555) go to work on it. Turned out to be a broken wire off the pickup coil, which he said is common with these critters. He did a temporary repair on it so I could get it back to base camp, load it on the trailer for the ride home, and sacked out in front of a campfire for the rest of the evening.

Some of you may remember my complaining about the buckhorn bars on it. A fellow Venturer gave me stock bars from a standard XS11 and it made a WORLD of difference in both confort and control of the bike! I love this bike the more I ride it!

Now I need to look into replacing the saddlebags. One has busted through again, and they are just not in that great a shape, with lots of patched holes and warpage. Soooo, I shall be looking at my options.

Anyway, I am still slated to show up on the 20th for a day ride, with Earl's seat strapped on the back.
                      BobE
                      Richmond, RI
                      1980 XS1100G - "The Old Coot"

PREVIOUS RIDES
                      2005 Venture, 1993 Venture, 1983 Venture
                      1978 Gold Wing, 1983 Gold Wing
                      1975 CB500T, 1983 Husqvarna 250WR
                      1981 XL500, 1975 CB750K5
                      1981 CB900F, 1965 C200 (Honda 90)
                      1968 Powell Challenger (Hairy-Chested Mini-bike)

Comment

new bars

bob good to read that you got the right bars on your ride. can't wait to try that new seat, looks nice.
                        80 xs1100G

Comment

We have a family function to attend on the 20th, I may decide to ride over Fri night spend the night and then head up to Albany Sat morning. It'll depend some on our work schedules.
                          Russ Neal
                          Milton, NH
                          04 GL1800 ABS
                          04 Kawasaki Concours(Sold)
                          99 Royal Star Venture(Sold)
                          80 XS1000 Special(Sold)
                          83 XJ750 Midnight Maxim(Sold)
                          80 XS1100G(Sold)
                          81 XS 650 Special(Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by rneal55555
                            We have a family function to attend on the 20th, I may decide to ride over Fri night spend the night and then head up to Albany Sat morning. It'll depend some on our work schedules.

Hey Russ,

Randy and I will be there Friday night. We'll keep a couple of cold ones ready for ya if you decide to come up.

Comment

I'm not going to be able to make the trip this time.
                              Work has taken a bad turn, and I'm going to be a little too strapped to make the trip.
                              XS East is the goal now! I'll still go up and ride the roads there, get ideas together, etc. THAT I can still do!
                              80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
                              79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

That's a shame, Carolyn, you will be missed. There will be more!

Comment

Working...
                                X