North West Ct Ride Sept 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North West Ct Ride Sept 20th

After a successful "Mystic Pizza" ride the participants crave more! We can call this the 'Covered Bridge' tour.

It will be a 100 mile ride beginning and ending in Torrington, CT. We will meet up at the not yet determined Motel at 11:00AM Sept. 20th. Kick stands up at 11:30 with lunch in New Milford at 12:30. Planned stops for photos in Kent and West Cornwall covered bridges. Continue on to Norfolk then to Goshen and back to Torrington, ETA around 4:30.

Day trippers can split at any time, all others will spend the night with dinner, beer and bullsh*t to follow.

I will post motel info soon.

If anyone knows a lunch place in New Milford let us know.

Hi Russ. Wish I was a little closer! The recent pizza get together also caught my eye. Looked like fun. Did anyone wind up taking the ferry ride?
    Anyway, I'm thinkin' about a covered bridge tour....
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by laxdad
      Hi Russ. Wish I was a little closer! The recent pizza get together also caught my eye. Looked like fun. Did anyone wind up taking the ferry ride?
      Anyway, I'm thinkin' about a covered bridge tour....
      Hey Dean, Yeah kinda far for a same day ride. It's sort of a last minute plan to get together and at the same time keep costs down while getting as many local riders as possible.

No one took the ferry ride. They all came up 95 thru NYC. Some went back on 84 though.

Comment

Count me in at this point, Russ, for at least a day trip. I'll have to see whether I can swing an overnighter or not as things get closer.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again!
        BobE
        Richmond, RI
        1980 XS1100G - "The Old Coot"

PREVIOUS RIDES
        2005 Venture, 1993 Venture, 1983 Venture
        1978 Gold Wing, 1983 Gold Wing
        1975 CB500T, 1983 Husqvarna 250WR
        1981 XL500, 1975 CB750K5
        1981 CB900F, 1965 C200 (Honda 90)
        1968 Powell Challenger (Hairy-Chested Mini-bike)

Comment

Russ,

We need the hotel info, time is short!

Comment

Hotel Info

Here’s the Hotel info:
            Quality Inn & Suites_(CT084) 395 Winsted Road, Torrington, CT, US, 06790 | Phone: (860) 496-8808 _ _ Fax: (860) 496-8520

I spoke with the manager and while there was a slight language barrier I got a block of 10 rooms for Sept. 20th. I think I got a better rate but am unsure if we need to have a minimum amount of rooms to get it. Again a language problem. Plan for the normal rate of $110 plus tax for your budget but we should be able to do better.

If you get the 7/11 guys on the phone make sure they completely understand your information.

The rooms will be held until Sept. 5th but they will still book based on space available after that. Currently they have plenty of rooms (total of 90). When you call ask for the ‘XS11 Group ride’ block. Any problems let me know.

You can cancel up to Sept 19th 4PM so even if you’re not sure you should book now and cancel before the 19th if unable to attend.

Put a post up when you book so we have a running total.

Comment

Days Inn - Torrington

492 E Main St

Torrington, CT, 06790
              866-539-8117

$77.00 per night

Comment

To clarify,that rate is available through hotels.com

Comment

Originally posted by randy
                  To clarify,that rate is available through hotels.com
                  I saw that but the fine print is there is no cancel refund. If for some reason you can't go your card is still charged.

I think I have 79.99 with a cancel clause but may be room booking dependent.

But by all means do what you think is best for you. I didn't think anyone would want to chance it as plans sometime change.

Comment

If you go direct with Days inn,the rate is 89

Comment

If you go direct with Days inn,the rate is 89
                      I didn't see the 89 rate yesterday. I can call Days Inn and see if they will hold a block for us at that rate. Then press the 7/11 guys to commit to 79.99 (which I think I have) with no minimum room booking. Sound good?

Comment

New Hotel Info

Here’s the updated Hotel info:
                        Quality Inn & Suites_(CT084) 395 Winsted Road, Torrington, CT, US, 06790 | Phone: (860) 496-8808 _ _ Fax: (860) 496-8520

I spoke with the manager and thru translation (only kidding) confirmed the $79.99 per night rate. I got a block of 10 rooms for Sept. 20th.

If you get the 7/11 guys on the phone make sure they completely understand your information.

Double check the rate to keep them honest and let me know of any problems.

The rooms will be held until Sept. 5th but they will still book based on space available after that. Currently they have plenty of rooms (total of 90). When you call ask for the ‘XS11 Group ride’ block. Any problems let me know.

You can cancel up to Sept 19th 4PM so even if you’re not sure you should book now and cancel before the 19th if unable to attend.

Put a post up when you book so we have a running total.

I checked with Days Inn and he wanted $89 a night for Sat. He had plenty of rooms. He would do $79 if we booked 10 rooms.

Comment

Nice work, Russ. So, if everyone is going to be at the Quality, then I'll book there

Comment

I'm booked, Fri 9/19 and Sat 9/20

Comment

I'm booked, Fri 9/19 and Sat 9/20
                              Oh man, now I'll have to come up and keep you company. Did they give you the same rate?

Comment

Working...
                              X