Long Island To Mystic, CT Sat Aug 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Island To Mystic, CT Sat Aug 9

Saturday, August 9, Long Island to Mystic, Ct ride. Leaving from mid- LI via North Shore to Orient Point. From Orient Point, taking ferry to New London, CT. Then on to Mystic for a meet-and-greet, lunch, whatever. Anyone interested from the NYC-CT-MA area??

ME, ME, ME!!!

August 9-I should be running by then and ready to roll.
    I'd love to be included!
    80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
    79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Only 100 or so miles from you, a good shake-down run! Looking forward to meeting you. Details time, etc. to follow.

Come on, guys, - anyone else out there?

Comment

Long Island To Mystic, CT Sat Aug 9

count me in. need help to long island. is this a one day ride or a overnight?
        80 xs1100G

Comment

Earl,

This was meant to be a one-day ride, I stay on LI during the week. The starting point is about 100 miles from you, so if you want to join us, you'd have to come out to LI Friday night.

Comment

randy, ok i'll leave friday, late morning. is there a place i can stay?were in l.i. am i going to?
            80 xs1100G

Comment

Earl,

If I had the room, I'd put you up, unfortunately, I don't! Our general vicinty is zip 11566, there are a lot of hotels in the immediate area. Some additional details:

The Orient Point, LI to New London, CT Ferry fare is $27.00 ONE WAY. Total distance between Merrick, LI and Mystic, CT is approx 100 Miles including the boat trip.

Comment

randy, thanks for the info. see what i can find. see what i can find,let you know how i do. how do the bikes ride on the ferry? need tie downs?
                80 xs1100G

Comment

No, no tie downs, it's a big boat, takes cars & trucks, too. Boat ride is about 1-1/2 hrs.

Comment

Following the convo...

Andreas shipped the valve today, so hopefully I'll be ready for this ride. Should be here in 3 days or so. I'll drop it off to Ed-it's the last piece of the puzzle-then it's time to pay the bill for his services. Yikes!

I'm watching the conversation here so I can stay up to the minute on the details!

Sounds like fun, except I don't get to ride the ferry, darn it!!
                    79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Re: Long Island To Mystic, CT Sat Aug 9

Originally posted by randy
                      Saturday, August 9, Long Island to Mystic, Ct ride. Leaving from mid- LI via North Shore to Orient Point. From Orient Point, taking ferry to New London, CT. Then on to Mystic for a meet-and-greet, lunch, whatever. Anyone interested from the NYC-CT-MA area??
                      Randy,

I can probably make this ride. I can meet you in New London at the Ferry landing. Let me know which (time) ferry you're taking.

Comment

Originally posted by randy
                        No, no tie downs, it's a big boat, takes cars & trucks, too. Boat ride is about 1-1/2 hrs.
                        Some ferries will tie your bike down others will give you the tie downs to do it yourself. In my experience they put bikes to the side.

Comment

Standards

Looks like a boat load convoy of Standards for this!!

Cool!

Pix, Pix!!!
                          Someone remind me to bring a camera
                          79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Carolyn,

You gotta go digital! We're still waiting for your pix!?

Comment

I know...

I took some pix of the various states of undress the bike is in now, but I have to get it developed-I'm so 1980-I have 6 pictures left on the roll-and I'm such a Yankee, I don't want to turn in the film til I use it all up!!!

My GOD! I'm my MOTHER!!! She always said it would happen....AAArrrughhhhhh!!
                              79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Working...
                              X