No announcement yet.

XSives 2003 East Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes YES... Both Darlene and I will be there. Just finished shoveling another 8 or so inches of that white stuff off the driveway. Gathering up parts to get the bike to work(????) better.
    We will be trailering down.
    Tom
    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Rally, and tech help needed please.

New to the forum, joined last August when I got my '79 XS 1100 S! And, as I haven't put any "real" miles on it yet, I am definitely going to be at the Mem. day rally.

I did Youngstown to Boston three times last year on my R750, so going on a real trip with the XS is something I am really looking forward to. I have the aftermarket bars, the "comfy chair" aftermarket seat, and it always starts.

Although, I do have a problem with wet weather and the engine. Little help here please...

I had thought the stumble I get when the weather is wet was being caused by the wires or ignition system. I discovered accidentally, when washing it, that when I get the kill switch on the handle bars wet, I get (real bad) stutter and stumble. Please e-mail me with a fix. All I can come up with is just opening up the switch, and bypassing it altogether. How about if I fill it with grease?

Thanks,

Comment

i will be there, looking forward to seeing everyone!
        - dan
        - thinker57@lycos.com
        - SF/H/E/HD "Stray Bullet"

Comment

From Toronto...

I will be there Friday night to Sunday. Haven't seen location or itinerary yet, I hope this timing works OK.

Ron.

Comment

Ron,

Wayne is riding down from TO on Thursday and meeting up with me and Dena. He is staying here and we are all riding down on Friday morning. Wanna join in?

Gary
            Gary Granger
            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Sounds good but I don't have Friday off. I'll see closer to the date whether or not I can do it.

Comment

2003 East Rally

Ok,

This is Harry in Port Clinton, Ohio. I just got off the phone with my yl (wife) and she said make the reservations and lets go!

I have never attended a rally at all and just got my 79 XS11 last year (for free, no less! The bike was given to me with the carburators in hand. My friend was told you couldn't work on those carbs !?!)

Anyhow we are plannng on attending this rally. we are going to be leaving the Port Clinton area on Friday around 5:30PM EST. Anyone passing by close (ie I80/90 Turnpike) or other that we may join up with at that time? Who knows, you may be heading that way and need a small break.

you may reply via this forum, or email me at
                harry67@adelphia.net

Hope to meet all you fellow xs'ers in May!!!

Harry
                Last edited by harry67; 02-14-2003, 09:48 AM.
                Harry

Comment

Anyone heading out to the rally from or passing through southern New Hampshire on the way out?
                  "Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."

Comment

Hi, Deb & Bruce. I plan on attending again this year. I'll be traveling from CT heading out on I-84 if anyone wants to hook up for the ride.
                    Regards, Russ 1980 XS1100G

Comment

Working...
                    X