Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rally in the Canyon

Bruce Gerken wrote:
    Just touching base about the idea of Tshirts, patches, and what to call this fine event. We're open to any & all suggestions. The one we've been kicking around here is "XSive Rally in the Canyon", simple & to the point !
    I think Gary's idea ROXS! But seriously... "Rally in the Canyon" would be even simpler. Any t-shirt design we choose is bound to say XS/XJ1100 Owners Association (XSOA) or similar.

I didn't think there was much chance of attending XS East this year, but as of now it looks like a strong possibility. Jon will be riding my old XS, which will be naked and all his by springtime. Tina and I will be riding either a Suzuki or a Piper...

Bill K.
    1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

I just called the resort and was told no reservations til April 1st. he only likes to go one month out. Soooo...no hurry on the reservations at this point. Y'all stay warm.....spring is coming.....
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

The 'XS Baby Grand Canyon Run' or 'The Canyonball Run' or 'Big Power in the Little Grand' or 'XS Invasion- Grand Canyon of the East' or 'XS East 2003-Big Fun at the Little Grand Canyon'
        Gary Granger

Comment

Wholey..... You are starting to cook now Gary.... Keep them coming!
          Tom
          2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
          gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Glad to see we've sparked some interest into the name game, also Bill, glad to hear it looks like you, Tina & Jon may be attending, we'll keep our fingers crossed that it all works out for you.
            Thanks Gary for checking with the resort about reservations, I was planning on calling them this weel, now I don't have to !!
            We're going to attempt to post a poll for the "Name Calling" of this fine event, just have to figure out how to get it going. I suppose if we add a new thread it works ... Aye Gary !!???
            How bout a lil help here "web meister "!!!

XSively ,
            Bruce & Deb
            Bruce Gerken
            '79 XS1100SF
            "The Black"
            '2009 BMW k1300GT'
            The Red Sled.
            St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Web meister?

Bruce Gerken wrote:
              How bout a lil help here "web meister "!!!
              Who was that directed at... Gary, Bill, JP, or???

If there's interest, I'd be happy to put together an "XSpected XSives" page and/or an XS East 2003 "Rogues Gallery" like I did last year. Let me know...

Bill K.
              1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
              1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

Just post a new thread, and one of the options at the bottom (I think) is post a poll. Then you hit submit and the poll part comes up with number of options etc. Just fill it out and hit submit poll or whatever. If you mess it up I can edit for you. Or did you want me to do it? I can't add a poll to this thread (I don't know how anyway)
                Gary Granger

Comment

Changes!

I see our arrivals are automatically sussed out. Don't remember that before . I am now excited at the real prospect of meeting you guys!! I bought the summer rally VCR and so saw some of you guys! I have a sister and a brother living in PA so is a can do on my budget. (Sounds of laughter) I rode for the first time in two years last summer. What a blast. Due to very unfortunate arthritis I need to adjust the grip angle to get a grip! Have been ill for four mo. last year...pneumonia ect. I could do nothing. This of course includes spending money. So I bought another XS11! Get this...on eBay a one owner 79F with 6300mi!! Thank the lord for the anal retentive, for from them shall ye buy used motorcycles!! Anyway, I shall look forward to meeting you all. C.J. Buttolph xExcessive 1120
                  Christopher. "The Gimp"

Comment

Originally posted by sixtysix
                    The 'XS Baby Grand Canyon Run' or 'The Canyonball Run' or 'Big Power in the Little Grand' or 'XS Invasion- Grand Canyon of the East' or 'XS East 2003-Big Fun at the Little Grand Canyon'
                    My vote is for "Big Power in the Little Grand" with XS East 2003 on it as well.

XS East 2003
                    [artwork]
                    Big Power in the Little Grand

Put me down for one XL.

Ron.

Comment

Deb and Bruce,

I would like you to consider letting Bill make up a informational website for the rally. It will allow people to access all info without searching and also will allow people who do not use the forum to be able to learn the latest info. I would (and did) if I was hosting it.

Gary Granger

Comment

Working...
                      X