Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Go For It 2003 XSEast

Hey Fellow XSives,
    We've recently contacted John's Jr & Sr. at the Grand Canyon Motel & Campground, everything is a go with them. The facility appears to be just what we're looking for, limited rooms and numerous campsites, they also have a camper that will sleep 6 available for rent though you'll need to check the price.In the resturant/lounge there is an ATM machine. At the present time, there's very limited cell phone service, which could be a + !! Locally there are many other motels/hotels/cottages within 9 miles of the Canyon Park. The park also has camping facilities.( Leonard Harrison Park )
    We will be using this forum as our base for information and polls will be conducted for Tshirts etc.
    Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Looking forward to another successful XS East Rally in 2003 !
    We will be posting a message on the XSEast 2002 message board inviting those folks here to keep posted on our progress.

XSively Yours,
    Bruce Gerken
    '79 XS1100SF
    "The Black"
    '2009 BMW k1300GT'
    The Red Sled.
    St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Where is this anyway? I'll have to bring my new/old Beemer again!

Erric Z.

Comment

Erric,

Here is the 'Little Grand Canyon' in PA. The campground specs are as follows:

Grand Canyon Motel and Resort

GRAND CANYON MOTEL RESORT & CAMPGROUND
      Motel, Campground, Restaurant, Gift Shop
      570-724-4774
      FAX: 570-724-2123
      RD 6 Box 191
      Wellsboro, PA 16901
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Is there a date set for this shindig?
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Hey Jerry,
          To answer your question "Is there a date set for this shindig?", Yes it's being planned for Memorial day weekend 2003 ( Friday May 23- Monday May 26 2003, and/or any of those dates you can be present !)
          Bruce Gerken
          '79 XS1100SF
          "The Black"
          '2009 BMW k1300GT'
          The Red Sled.
          St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Rally on memorial day weekend sounds great. I have put it on my calendar in ink.
            Bruce Heckert
            1980 Yamaha XS11SG-sold
            1988 Honda GL 1500
            2001 Suzuki SV650S-sold
            1981 Honda CM200T
            2012 Honda CBR250-sold
            2012 Suzuki Vstrom

Comment

Bruce invited us at the Classic Yamaha Rally in NC to attend. We will try to be there. Thanks Bruce n Gary!
              Robert Reil
              www.motorcyclecarbs.com

Comment

Bruce

When should we start booking our rooms,cottages stuff?
                Last year at XS2002 east in the state of New York we started calling just into the new year.
                Tom
                2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Reservations for XSEast 2003

Dear XSives,
                  Deb & I spoke with both John's (father & son ownership) recently (Oct. 13th) and we were told that since they stay open year round, we wouldn't need to have reservations in too soon, however if you feel more comfortable contacting them now and book whenever you see fit.
                  They have many campsites, with & without electricity and water, we were told they are building more while the weather is still good. Thay have a great little bar & resturant on the site, and 10 rooms on the site as well as cottages within 6 miles of the Canyon Park. Both facilities can be reached through the website link and the phone numbers for both are posted on the web as well.
                  Looking forward to another successful XSive Event, we will be posting more info & polls ASAP (we're both working different shifts & don't get together as much as we'd like to to discuss these things )
                  XSively Yours,
                  Bruce Gerken
                  '79 XS1100SF
                  "The Black"
                  '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                  The Red Sled.

Comment

My wife's sister and her husband live in Harrisburg PA. We might just bring our bikes, stay with them for a few and shoot up to the rally for a coupla days. Would love to see the NE on my bike.
                    I'll also hafta try and talk some of you Northeastern riders to come down to the TeXSive Rally in fall 2003!
                    Ride Safe
                    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Bring your cameras, digital and otherwise. If you have never been there before, it's a site to behold and I've been to the Grand Canyon......
                      Rod

Macho Maroon XS 11E

Comment

Hey guys and gals......

This sounds like it will be great, I just contacted the campground to get a price for the weekend, so I hope to hear from them soon and I look forward to seeing everyone there!!
                        1980 XS 1100 Special SG
                        "White Lightning"

Comment

Something to think about

Hey Fellow XSives,
                          Just touching base about the idea of Tshirts, patches, and what to call this fine event. We're open to any & all suggestions.
                          The one we've been kicking around here is "XSive Rally in the Canyon", simple & to the point !
                          What do ya think ???

Let's hear your ideas !!
                          PLEASE ??? !!!
                          :-)

XSively,
                          Bruce Gerken
                          '79 XS1100SF
                          "The Black"
                          '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                          The Red Sled.

Comment

How about The RideAllDayDrinkBeerHaveFunSwapPartsCheckOutMyLoudX SShootTheBullCampfireGoodtimesHadByAllRally in the Canyon? Simple and to the point !
                            Gary Granger
                            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Not bad Bruce..... How about " Xsive in the Canyon"

I like Gary's ....but didn't we do all that at the last one?...

Ok Ok.... let's do it again! Like we did last Summer!
                              Tom
                              2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                              gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Working...
                              X