XS Central 14 Midwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS Central 14 Midwest

Any plans to do a rally in the midwest area for the spring of '14? I'm out here in Michigan and would love to participate in one. I know of a 2-3 other xs11 riders near me that would be excited by the prospect.
    78 E - 2to1 exhaust, dynatek coils, special headlight [SOLD!]
    79 F - gas tank refurb, headgasket change, straight pipes, late model carbs, virago lowering shocks, special headlight and gauges, TC fuse block, GSXR-1100 carbs (WIP)

"May my tires not fail me, nor my engine grow cold"

There us the Lost rally each year. It has been in Wisconsin the last 2 years and Minnesota the year before that.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Any word on when the next one will be? Has there been a discussion started?
      79 F - gas tank refurb, headgasket change, straight pipes, late model carbs, virago lowering shocks, special headlight and gauges, TC fuse block, GSXR-1100 carbs (WIP)

Comment

Don't know if anyone had done any planning yet. Usually it is sort of bantered around at the rally and plans kinda start in the spring. It is usually just at someones place so no major planning is really involved other than the ride route.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Not trying to take over the Lost Rally, but we had a heck of a time up in Michigan's U.P. after the Lost Rally, and talked to Erik about maybe hosting a rally there. Nice scenery, some roads that actually twist, affordable hotels, a local brewery, and a Gay bar.. lol. Is that too far to move the Lost Rally to for a year?
          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100
          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

The U.P. would be great for me. Perfect distance away and I'm familiar with the territory. Beautiful country.

Comment

Take the reigns and start planning then!
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Hi , I hosted last summer and had a great time. I can offer a few tips - if you need any. I'd be happy to help if you have any questions. Message me if you want.
                81 H

Comment

I would love to see a trip thru Iowa..
                  _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
                  1980 gs1000g "stock"
                  1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
                  2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

Lee, where have you been? lol. We've had rallies in Iowa, and several of us show up there usually once a year before heading up north to other rallies. Bob Falters house in Ely, Iowa is the meeting place. We'd like to get together again next year, but it'll probably be to head north. We'd like to go ride up into Michigan's U.P. again. Leave your comfort zone and come ride with us sometime!
                    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                    '06 Suzuki DR650
                    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                    '81 XS1100 Special
                    '81 YZ250
                    '80 XS850 Special
                    '80 XR100
                    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

working a plan

XSnorth sounds like fun. I would like to attend...Not ready to commit yet, but that wonderful Canadien Maple Syrup is a good reason to go.
                      Plan- I have begun careful rationing of my remaining supply, suplemented by inferior local product. I need to make it last until the snow melts in the Great White North. I have washed a fancy maple leaf shaped bottle, displayed empty on kitchden counter. Perhaps one more dose of butter flavered high fructose corn syrup poured over delicious french toast...Family is getting closer to encouraging me to go. Should be making reservations soon. They may be asking me to go after more of the good syrup. Even though it is a long way, I am willing to do it. By summer they may even help me pack, giving me a good send off.

No snow here again today.
                      Brent in GA
                      PS Please do NOT send me any Canadien Maple Syrup in the mail. That would spoil my diabolical plan.
                      It is a great big beautiful world out there
                      Brent in GA
                      Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

oops

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        XSnorth sounds like fun. I would like to attend...Not ready to commit yet, but that wonderful Canadien Maple Syrup is a good reason to go.
                        Plan- I have begun careful rationing of my remaining supply, suplemented by inferior local product. I need to make it last until the snow melts in the Great White North. I have washed a fancy maple leaf shaped bottle, displayed empty on kitchden counter. Perhaps one more dose of butter flavered high fructose corn syrup poured over delicious french toast...Family is getting closer to encouraging me to go. Should be making reservations soon. They may be asking me to go after more of the good syrup. Even though it is a long way, I can do it. By summer they may even help me pack, giving me a good send off.

No snow here again today.
                        Brent in GA
                        PS Please do NOT send me any Canadien Maple Syrup in the mail. That would spoil my diabolical plan.
                        oops. I Posted in wrong location. XS Rally in another country... Those folks start looking forward to spring and making plans EARLY in the Great White North. I guess that is how they get through the winter.

I have finished eating up all of my cheese curds and expect family to send me after more of them too. (Thanks Papa Smurf and all of the Lost in WI Rally attendies.) It is a tough job, but I am willing to do it
                        Brent in GA
                        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

lost in search of berries

Thimble berry jam.
                          Got some at the poor rock abbey. Thanks to Eric for showing me the delicious berries growing on road side. Family is eating up that good stuff. Same plan as above. I may just have to go to the UP again. August was good jacket & sweatshirt weather there. Y'all Yoopers & Trolls stay safe till spring.
                          Brent in GA

Comment

Howdy folks,
                            I've been AWOL for a while, but have started thinking again about riding up in the UP. I had a blast with you guys up there and would love to do it again. I was thinking mid-August or so. MTU orientation begins the 24th, so perhaps the weekend of the 16th? Late Sept brings the fall colors up there, but also makes for COLD riding if you're not lucky, but it's also an option.

I still have to get the approval for time off of work, but I'm thinking hit the Keweenaw Peninsula for 2-3 days early in the week (weekend tourists clog the good roads). Tentative thoughts: Arrive Saturday/Sun, ride Sun/Mon/Tues, head on out. I'd like to do a Lake Superior circle tour immediately following, but I don't know if I'd be able to swing that much time off. Some of the guys did that last year and said it was pretty cool.

D0wn5h1ft- if you've already started making plans for a rally, I can step back; I don't want to step on toes. Otherwise, we could work on it together, and/or I can start researching. Collaboration makes the world go 'round. That, and gravity & physics & stuff.
                            -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
                            '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
                            ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

Haven't made any concrete plans yet, just been scoping out potential routes and looking at what has been done previous years.

I would recommend someone else beside myself run point on this because I'll be finishing up my last semester of college this spring and I can't make any guarantees as to how much time I'll have.

Comment

Working...
                              X