heartland ride 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragon Tamer View Post
    Plans? No, I have not heard anything yet but I am sure that I will be hearing something any day now!!!!
    I thought someone else might carry the ball this year?
    Lots of great roads on east side from Prairie Du Chein WI. to here.
    We did a lost rally out of Prairie Du Chein a few years back. Brent,Bob,Dan&Matt were there.
    XJ1100 Ruby Red
    XS1100LH "Midnight"
    1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Carry the ball?? I can't even carry a tune!

Might give it some thought however, I do not think that there has ever been an XS/XJ rally in this area before. I would have to do some logistics on the whole idea and see if it is practical.

Was just getting real comfortable with the way Cruiser does it, makes a darn hard act to follow!!!!!!!!!
      The Old Tamer
      1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Ol' lee_dutcher doesn't seem to interested in this thread he started does he?
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

LOST? I'm stil trying to get one of 5 xs's running. I got the parts just not any space to wok on it. Would love to make a ride this year might be able to get something running.
          68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
          76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
          79 special (skull bike)
          79 special (parts bike w/title)
          79 special
          80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
          81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
          81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
          80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
          81 650 maxim
          81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
          88 Zx 600r (Sold)
          01 Gz 250

Comment

Originally posted by exquized1 View Post
            LOST? I'm stil trying to get one of 5 xs's running. I got the parts just not any space to wok on it. Would love to make a ride this year might be able to get something running.
            I count 13 bikes in your signature. You either need to get rid of one or get another one, 13 of anything ain't good.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I sold the cl350 and the cbr600. still have 10 in a one car shed and one in my dad's garage. The full dress is the closest to running. Also the New 79at runs just have to get titled and New tires.
              68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
              76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
              79 special (skull bike)
              79 special (parts bike w/title)
              79 special
              80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
              81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
              81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
              80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
              81 650 maxim
              81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
              88 Zx 600r (Sold)
              01 Gz 250

Comment

Got no title or just haven't gotten it done yet?
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Mn

I'd be willing to jump in on this once you hit minneapolis, and if you follow the river, you'll eventually hit brainerd/baxter, and then get to lake itasca, if we made it that far, a ride up to the canadian border would be next, and then those with passports can keep going north... sorry, when I ride, I want to do it forever

Comment

Well it's lookin like this one won't be so far but there IS the Lost Rally coming up. probably won't be in Winona this year because apparently we wore out our welcome at Cruisers place.

Dragon Tamer is kinda thinkin' about hosting this year though.
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                      Well it's lookin like this one won't be so far but there IS the Lost Rally coming up. probably won't be in Winona this year because apparently we wore out our welcome at Cruisers place.
                      No welcomes worn out here and no doors closed yet, just thought someone else might want a chance with a better place or idea.
                      Sandy and I have had a blast the last two years putting this on
                      XJ1100 Ruby Red
                      XS1100LH "Midnight"
                      1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Well that is a relief, we thought your neighbors had gotten to you because they heard we were coming back.
                        The Old Tamer

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Tamer View Post
                          Well that is a relief, we thought your neighbors had gotten to you because they heard we were coming back.

That's what I was thinkin' too. Wasn't there someone moving in next door the last time we were there.
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

After our visit, I'm surprised there weren't several moving OUT.
                            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                            '06 Suzuki DR650
                            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                            '81 XS1100 Special
                            '81 YZ250
                            '80 XS850 Special
                            '80 XR100
                            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

You are right on with that Tod, especially that new guy, he most likely spent the next week or two in his basement in case we came back. At least we didn't get blamed for that big hole in his front yard. We didn't have anything to do with that (at least I don't think we did).

I would not have that problem here, the distance to my closest neighbors is measured in yards, not feet. The two closest ones have either developed an immunity to me or have gone deaf. The biggest problems I have with any of my neighbors is their tendency to show up and help me drink my beer and eat what ever is on the grill at the time. Of course out here anyone within five miles or so can be considered a neighbor, provided he has an available beer supply and can run his grill well.

That is also one of the biggest drawbacks to holding a rally here. While I have many acres to camp in and could put up a few people in the house and camper and noise is not an issue (gunfire and fireworks are common) it is eight miles to anything that could be called a motel. I have been working on some sort of shuttle service to help with that problem and may get it resolved in the near future.

The North Woods also has no lack of interesting roads and things to see so that is not a problem here. The only other problem I would have is trying to follow Arlan's act. He has not left much room for improvement, if any.
                              The Old Tamer

Comment

Yes im alive....but havent been on the forum much sence my family issues. wasent really thinking anyone would acually be intrested in the ride at the start but seems this post got some intreged. would like to take back roads all the way to final destionation. just dont know where too. havent really gave it a thought. but as far as dates thinking mid july???? could start at bennigans in clear lake good food and BAR..lol... ending somwhere eather illinois or arkansas????
                                _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
                                1980 gs1000g "stock"
                                1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
                                2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

Working...
                                X