heartland ride 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heartland ride 2012?

was thinking about organizing a ride starting in the heartland (iowa) and ride to to minniapolis or somwhere around those lines. kinda a thought. any input
    _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
    1980 gs1000g "stock"
    1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
    2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Originally posted by lee_dutcher View Post
    was thinking about organizing a ride starting in the heartland (iowa) and ride to to minniapolis or somwhere around those lines. kinda a thought. any input
    Hi Lee,
    As i already have 3 rallies booked this year i will not be able to attend.
    May I suggest you plan a route, subject to change, and pick a date indicating where you would like to go and are flexible on both route and date.
    Miles per day of 300, 500, 800. will appeal to different riders so pick what you like.
    Once people see you are committed they will jump on board.
    I do like the concept of riding together to a destination and hope you will have others to join in the fun.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Good thought

As I live closer to Iowa than most of Illinois, I'd be interested.
      But, Iowa to Minnesota? I'm thinking the Mississippi river valley might be nice for that tour. Just a thought. Need some scenery.
      Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
      stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Lee,

As has been pointed out, shoot us a tentative date and route and let us think about it. I may be interested for sure. Especially as I would like to get back to the Bennigans in your area once more for sure.

As a destination Minneapolis leaves a LOT to be desired. Most of us want curvy/winding/twisty roads and a LACK of cagers and other traffic. Scenery to take pictures of is also a big plus, I don't have too many pictures of traffic and stop lights for the reason that they are so easy to find.

Keep us posted.
        The Old Tamer
        1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

I would be interested. Are you talking about a one day ride or a weekend?
          Put a plan together and see what the interest is.

Bennigan's....... was that in Clear Lake, Dragon? Forgot just where it was but it was good.
          XJ1100 Ruby Red
          XS1100LH "Midnight"
          1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Cruiser,
            I think we were in Mason City gassing up when we decided to make the lunch stop and then we went to Clear Lake to find the Bennigans. Don't worry WE WILL FIND IT AGAIN!!!!!!
            The Old Tamer

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Dates??

Hi Lee,
              I have ridden with all interested parties, so far. (that is except you.) I would likely enjoy such a ride.. not sure if I can make it...What dates??
              It is a great big beautiful world out there
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Well, if dragon Tamer and cruiser can find that Bennigans again and we could talk Brent into buying that sounds good.

Along the Mississippi Valley is a beautiful and fun ride. Not sure I can afford 1 trip north (Lost Rally) this year let alone 2 but I'd like to come up yonder and see my buddies and maybe meet some new folks.

What dates?
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Oh Boy,
                  Another good rally shot, Greg has found us again. Glad to see your input here, sounds like this could be a good one.

C'mon Lee, get back to us or PM anyone of us for some input, sounds like a good idea.
                  The Old Tamer

Comment

You can't sneak anything around me Gary and you know it.

Is there a decent road up the east banks of the river? I've seen the west side a few times now but that's OK if there ain't, that's a nice ride at least from what I've seen from Cedar Rapids on up to cruisers place.
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

East bank has lots of roads we have not shown you yet. I am not as familiar with the west bank but I am sure that Cruiser could help out with that.
                      The Old Tamer

Comment

Seems like you and I are the only ones talking about this. Y'all made any plans for the Lost Rally?
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Plans? As in getting ready, plotting routes, taking care of the details and all of that stuff??? Get real, you can't be doing all of that ahead of time, it would take most of the fun out of the thing, most of the excitment would be gone.
                          What the heck, it is not even riding weather yet up here. We are still pretty much in hibernation along with the Hamms Bear.
                          Besides, Cruiser has this all down pat by now, don't take all that long to do it anymore.
                          No, I have not heard anything yet but I am sure that I will be hearing something any day now!!!!
                          The Old Tamer

Comment

Sux to be you. I've got the bike sitting in the driveway. Rode it on a few errands yesterday. It's gonna be 65 again today.

Damn, I wish it would warm up. I'm tired of winter.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

I have only been out about 4 times in the last three months. For what is a pretty mild winter for around here it has not gone all that well. It is supposed to hit around 40 today but at the minute it is snowing and there is a 45mph wind out of the east. Anything over 40 deg and a lack of precipitation and I am out but it does not look to be today

But yes, I have been going over maps and ideas just to keep from coming down with cabin fever. Took a good dose of medication yesterday, went to my grandsons b-day party. He is not old enough to help with the beer so I took care of his share also (and a few other peoples too!!)
                              The Old Tamer

Comment

Working...
                              X