No announcement yet.

UPDATE on Bike............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need your addy to send the schematic, I can fax it at a prearranged time and number if you want. After 30 years in ALbuq, I know your pain with the wind and dust. As for loseing the headlight, you will have to take the stock headlight off since the fairing has one on it.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Oh Webcraft!!!! I already had a fairing on it prior to this one, I bought a new one to replace my cracked one, I just switched headlights because the new one didn't have one on it!! I have an 80G Bagger.....and the new one has a vetter radio built into it, with a 5 prong(one is an anntenae(?)) male plug coming out of the left side, with no obvious female plug anywhere I can see....I was like, what do I use if I pull the headlight off????LOL
      80'XS1100G "Red Velvet"
      HD VRSCA 03' V Rod

While sitting in a chair, tilt your head back, and watch the wall behind you, instantly become a ceiling....

Comment

Address is: ripchord11@hotmail.com
        80'XS1100G "Red Velvet"
        HD VRSCA 03' V Rod

While sitting in a chair, tilt your head back, and watch the wall behind you, instantly become a ceiling....

Comment

Trying to figure out this 5-prong plug you have. Is it on the fairing or coming out of the radio? The fairing plug has 6-8 wires to it. (I never really counted them). The antenna should be inside the Cycle Sound housing and plug into the back of the radio. The Cycle Sound had what the called a "Lanimar" antenna, this was really a flexiable strip of plastic with the antenna wire made into it. They usually died of old age, as mine did. I replaced it with a short, rubber car antenna. I was able to stuff it inside the housing with the radio, so far its worked great. Using this method, you avoid having an external antenna.
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

The Male plug with 4-5 nubs on it, is mounted from the fairing, I need to look at it again but it has been snowing, and blowing out here, and I have her covered up, hopefully I can look at it tomorrow, to see exactly where it is coming from on the fairing.......the antenna is a metal extend type like on the old cars, it comes out pretty far, like 3 ft!!!! but now I have it all the way in.....I am pissed that I shined her up the other day, and she looked really great, and now all of a sudden winter had to come back with a vengeance 3 days running!! ........the wire comes out of the bottom of the left side, around where the plug goes in, from the bike to the fairing, looks kinda like a stubby fork, damn I wish I could go take a picture for you
            80'XS1100G "Red Velvet"
            HD VRSCA 03' V Rod

Comment

CORRECTION********* The plug has 3 female and one male plug, connected to 4 wires, white yellow brown and green are the wire colors, sorry, I looked at it for a moment when I was hooking up the fairing, and I just went out in the blizzard to double check Boy was I wrong!!! Maybe now you can figure it out!!! there is a hole drilled in the left side bottom of fairing, by the plug that you use for the fairing lights and such........can't get under there to see where it comes from right yet........got too cold brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
              80'XS1100G "Red Velvet"
              HD VRSCA 03' V Rod

Comment

Working...
              X