Not a lot left of the stocker!
My XS 🤣
Collapse
X
-
So when you're traveling how can you do you know where THE 1101 is? A 1100 doesn't quite exactly define it.1980 XS1100G
Intelligent people discuss ideas, average people discuss events, petty people discuss other people. -
I'm not usually a fan of custom bikes, but I particularly like the paint job and the wire wheels.-Mike
_________
'79 XS1100SF 20k miles
'80 XS1100SG 44k miles
'81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
'79 XS750SF 17k miles
'85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
'84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
'86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles
Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65👍 2Comment
-
Comment
-
Radius squared = 71.5 ÷ 2 = 35.75 x 35.75
= 1278
X
Stroke. = 68.6
= 87.675
X
π. 3.142
= 275.475
X
Number of cylinders = 4
=. 1101.9
So it's not actually 1102 is it? I mean, it's clearly moulded in to the cylinders isn't it!Why would the manufacturer say it's 1101 if it's not?
Comment
-
The bike is looking good!
And I never knew the XS is almost a 1102, never too old to learn
XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.Comment
-
Jon, all the Japan built bikes ended in a "0" or "5" for the engine size. In 1978, the XS1100 was the largest engine produced for a motorcycle in Japan. Oh, it was also the fasted production motorcycle in the 1/4 mile for 1978 as well.Ray Matteis
KE6NHG
XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!Comment
-
It's been a few years since I've been there, but I will not say how many. As a Yank, driving on the "wrong side" and having the gear shifter on my left hand took a bit to get used to. I would LOVE to ride that road, as it's probably a lot like California Highway 1 on the Pacific Coast.Ray Matteis
KE6NHG
XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!Comment
Comment