Possible fuel line issue?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bikerphil
    replied
    Running single fuel tap should not be a problem, I run both my XS11's like that.

    Leave a comment:


  • DEEBS11
    replied
    So many modifications. So many opportunities for issues. Could be carb problems (most likely). Could be ignition. Could be off a tooth on a cam. Who knows. Is that gas cap vented? Does gas flow freely from the petcock?


    Click image for larger version

Name:	DIAGNOSING.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	884554

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by shopteach
    I have pods and custom 4 tube exhaust with no mufflers. I had Sigma get a jet kit for me and I installed it. I also put in new diaphragms and the bike still isn't running right. I currently have a on/off/RES petcock on it (not factory) into a 1/4" hose into a T into two 1/4" fuel lines and then into the carbs.

    It would be HELPFUL if you could provide some detail on "Still isn't running right".

    Start OK? Idle OK? Takes throttle OK? Revs up OK? All 4 pipes heat up equally?

    What about the Vacuum ports? They capped or open?

    A bit more detail would be helpful to get started. If pooping out on the highway it could be Tank Venting but if it barely runs that wouldn't do it.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • shopteach
    started a topic Possible fuel line issue?

    Possible fuel line issue?

    I have a 1979 XS1100 special. I hardtailed the rear and made a chopper out of it and put a harley tank on it. I have pods and custom 4 tube exhaust with no mufflers. I had Sigma get a jet kit for me and I installed it. I also put in new diaphragms and the bike still isn't running right. I currently have a on/off/RES petcock on it (not factory) into a 1/4" hose into a T into two 1/4" fuel lines and then into the carbs. Could it be the way I have the fuel lines running? I bought a Y to try, but I figured I would ask here first to see if anyone has run into this before. Do I need a different pitcock? Two petcocks into two fuel lines? I really don't want to do that, because I have a sick paint job on the tank. At times, like twice run pretty good so not sure if the fuel lines get air in them or don't flow very well. Here is a pic of the tank. You can see the petcock down on the left side. I will try and upload some pics of the fuel line situation tonight. I gotta think some of you have run different tanks and have a fix. Please help. So close to having this project ready to ride. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9158.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	884548 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9159.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	884549 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9160.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	884550
Working...