Heads up! Affordable floating disc rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up! Affordable floating disc rotors

After looking over the pictures that DEEBS posted about replacing his front brake rotors I took another look at the pricing. Seems to me I remember EBC rotors going for about $225 each and sure enough they're still awfully expensive. Then THESE popped up for only $150 a PAIR! Looks like I'll be in for an upgrade soon at this price.

The center part of these looks kinda "Raw" being a simple piece of stamped steel but like my favorite sticker on my bike says "Telling a man his bike is pretty is like telling him his dick is cute"

https://nicheindustries.com/products...crt2436r-2pack
    1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Put a few miles on them. Still breaking in the new pads. I like them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2253A.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	879139

Comment

Originally posted by DEEBS11 View Post
      Put a few miles on them. Still breaking in the new pads. I like them.
      Have you seen replacements for the part that wears to go with these? They'll probably go a good long time but at some point they may need to be swapped out.
      1980 XS1100G

Comment

LAB3 I think for the price they are disposable (like most rotors). I'm sure they will last for the rest of my life. If I have any issues, I will report back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2226A.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	879142

Comment

Damn these look cool! I might have to upgrade to these, the original rotors just don't look as nice!
          80 XS1110 SG, RD400

Comment

This also got me thinking. Anyone know of a rear rotor that's also drilled that we can purchase new that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
            80 XS1110 SG, RD400

Comment

All three rotors are the same. I bought three. I will do the rear rotor install soon with a rebuilt caliper/black stainless line and post pictures.

Comment

Deebs has it right, you can order a single disc on that site. I'm planning to use the best one of my two front discs on the rear since my rear needs replaced but not necessarily the fronts
                1980 XS1100G

Comment

You guys are geniuses! I will order all three then. It looks amazing!

DEEBS11 you running the rotors with no lock washers and it works fine?
                  Last edited by e30 gangsta; 04-26-2024, 08:14 PM.
                  80 XS1110 SG, RD400

Comment

Good eye, e30. Lock washers and rim locks are a thing of the past. I use Locktite blue on every nut and bolt in my restorations. Never had a problem. And as I said before, I don't build coffee table bikes. They get ridden across country all the time. (My 80 KZ in this case. No lock washers as you can see in the picture.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Alaska021.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.8 KB ID:	879297
                    Last edited by DEEBS11; 04-27-2024, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X