Cylinder Boreing and Honeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder Boreing and Honeing

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a machine shop to bore out the cylinders for me to the 72mm oversize to refresh my engine. Are there any good machine shops in the Maryland/Delaware area? I've seen a few but they are asking 150 or more per cylinder. Is that normal?

Contact this guy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30188816854...sAAOSwZ8ZW2Lu8

Comment

Make SURE whoever does the job puts a chamfer on the bottom! It makes a big difference when you go to insert the pistons and rings. I have a set of bored jugs that it was not done to. I have not tried to put them on yet, but I will be looking at doing that BEFORE I assemble the engine.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Is the rebuilder selling the same item for xs AND xj?. I understand there is a valve size difference between the two.
        "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

I believe he changes the tooling to adjust for most common sizes of valves which would include the XS and XJ models. I am to understand the service uses your existing valves as long as they are in good condition. I have never used this service but he has good feedback on eBay. I use Eastwood in Somers CT. They did my KZ1000 head a few years back.

http://eastwoodsautomachine.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8601.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	874760 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8599.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	874761 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8603.JPG
Views:	71