Tow hitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow hitch

I am interested in building a tow hitch for my XJ to pull a trailer. Has anyone done this? Where would the attachment points be?
    "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

contact Jerry, he has an xj1100 with a hitch and trailer and pulled it all over the USA to rides and rallies, hope he is still active as he is an original xs forum from waaaay back, otherwise his web site is https://www.appleattic.net/ and you can get ahold of him there and also has a album with lots of xs rallies and his xj1100 with trailer,,,,,keep us informed,,, Mike in San DIego and Pa.

Comment

The one on my XS was made by someone else, got it on eBay, obviously someone's home made project. It's basically a large "U" shaped piece of bent steel which bolts up to a hole drilled into the lower part of the luggage rack with two uprights that connect to the rear of the frame near the back of the seat.

Don't see much reason why you couldn't use the rear footpeg mounts up front and a similar pair of uprights to hold the back on yours. Yes, my rear tire is almost shot and will be replaced Monday!

​​​​​​​
      Attached Files
      1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Thanks, people, I went to Jerrys site and he has a full write-up with pictures.
        It was just what I was looking for.
        "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Working...
        X