How many miles on your bikes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old miles... New miles

98,714 miles as of this afternoon! 100 miles since the rebirth. I bought it in late 91 with 26k showing on the odometer. It is a 79 speedo, it was on the bike when I bought it, so I don't really know how many miles are on it. It was in such ratty shape when I bought it, that I think it had more than the 26k miles that was showing. I myself have put over 70K on it.

Comment

How many miles on your bikes?

71 miles today
      was thinking of posting a pic until about 11 miles ago
      maybe after replacing a few items.

mro

Comment

picked up my 05 nomad in May 0 kms
        now has 12,000
        Jim
        Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
        Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
        and SOXS
        2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

mileage

79 1100f. bought mine w/ 28k 6 years back, now coming up on 76k. NO MAJOR REPAIRS. still love this bike.
          79 xs1100F
          75K and counting...
          76k...
          79k...
          80k...
          86k...

Comment

Bought the 81H Venturer new, sold it at 22,000 in 91, bought it back six weeks ago with 55,000 on it, put moter and tranny in which supposedly had 33,000 on it, think it has alot less as it has only 11psi compresion less than new, and runs like it did new...as of tonight it has 57,600 on it.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

.. about 85,000 on the "Red" one; 79 special
              about 24'000 on the "Ugly" black one; 79 standard
              i can never leave well enough alone, i change sh!t around alot so milages are estimated

Comment

got my 81 xs1100h in like feb or march of 2005, it had like 47,000 on the clock, and it still has 47,000 on the clock, but thats only cause the damn thing is broke. Other wise I have gone through three back tires since then at about 5,000 +/- each and that isn't counting the one that came on it. So i would safely say mines got around 70,000 on it and it still runs like the day it was born i bet. Man i love that thing.

Comment

Got the younger bro to the XS, The XJ 1982 just turned aprox 57,000 ..one tranny job and one cam chain ,has NEVER had the valves gone through yet.AND STILL knocks down 13.10 at 102mph in the quater mile
                  1982 XJ 1100
                  going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                  now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

I got Misery (SG) in 02 with 25k on it, now has 64K.

Suffering (H) had 36K when I got it in March, had 46K on it when the engine died. new engine's Odom says 30K. I don't know the compression, but it rode nice.
                    I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

Bought my 79f new in 1979 it has seen 00000.0 twice oil change every 3000 mi,service according to Yamaha specifications.One cam chain,ridden hard and put away wet lots.

Comment

63000 on the 80g hardbagger, still grin from ear to ear when I wack er wide open
                        When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

55,000 something on my 81H.

Comment

I got mine from my dad with 71,000 I'm wanting to put somemore
                            on it .
                            78 Standard Pix's Xs1100
                            ( Pop's Ride ) not running
                            79 special New to the House
                            (Okie) running

Comment

Bought mine in 1996 with 48,750mls (80,000 km).
                              Did the 2nd gear, ignition coils and pick-up coil wires, new brake lines,some oil changes two sets of tires and now it has 71,875 mls (115000 km)
                              Now it needs two carb diaphragms, some cleaning and new paint.
                              The clutch is still the original and looking good for anothe 80k mls.
                              XS1100 and XS650- what do you need more?

Comment

Originally posted by andreashweiss
                                Bought my 79f new in 1979 it has seen 00000.0 twice oil change every 3000 mi,service according to Yamaha specifications.One cam chain,ridden hard and put away wet lots.
                                So you're saying your F has more than 100 grand on it? Impressive! Any major repairs?
                                Shiny side up,
                                650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                                XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                                X