Switching to resistor plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching to resistor plugs

The bike has gotten a little rough to start when warm and sure enough two of my resistor caps are reading WAY high. Since it's getting harder to get non resistor plugs I'm thinking of replacing the caps with non resistor caps and resistor plugs. From what I've gleaned the circuit requires 5k ohm of resistance and the NGK BPR6ES should do the trick. Going to replace the caps with NGK LZFH non resistor caps and my question is did I figure this out right? If not what have I missed? TIA!
    1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

You should be good to go! I did that on one of my bikes a few years back, and it was still running well when I sold it.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
      You should be good to go! I did that on one of my bikes a few years back, and it was still running well when I sold it.
      Did the same swap on an old Suzuki GS about four years ago for the same reason, non resistor plugs where getting harder to find. I'm pretty good with electrics in general but getting a thumbs up from another experienced rider is always a good practice when breaking away from the "norm"
      1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Working...
      X