oil light won't go off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil light won't go off

having an issue with my 1979 SF, finally got the motor running but the oil light is permanently on !!!! I disconnected the wire from the pressure switch but stays on. by the way i checked the switch and its faulty so bought a genuine new one. with the wire disconnected the oil light should go out till its grounded but it doesn't. anyone had the same problem ? ive checked every connection but found nothing.

The SF has a light checker unit under the left side panel or under the seat. If the plug connections are flaky, it will illuminate the oil light which serves double duty as a warning light for a burnt out tail light bulb. Try wiggling the wires going to it with the key on and see if the oil light flickers. If the unit itself is bad, it can be easily bypassed.

To bypass, unplug the unit and jump the blue/yellow and the blue wires in the bike's harness.

Click image for larger version  Name:	litechecker.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.7 KB ID:	870720
    Last edited by bikerphil; 10-10-2022, 10:29 AM.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
      The SF has a light checker unit under the left side panel or under the seat. If the plug connections are flaky, it will illuminate the oil light which serves double duty as a warning light for a burnt out tail light bulb. Try wiggling the wires going to it with the key on and see if the oil light flickers. If the unit itself is bad, it can be easily bypassed.

To bypass, unplug the unit and jump the blue/yellow and the blue wires in the bike's harness.

Click image for larger version Name:	litechecker.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.7 KB ID:	870720
      thanks Phil i'll give it a go, cheers

Comment

thats fixed it, cheers Phil. now onto the other jobs.

Comment

Great, glad it worked out for you.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
          X