No announcement yet.

Few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another option for soaking and cleaning the carb bodies and jets with bowls and floats removed is submerged in Pine-Sol for a few hours then removed and rinsed clean with warm water. To clean well, the original Pine-Sol HAS to be used, not a cheap copy. If compressor available, blow components dry and re-assemble carbs.
    Last edited by motoman; 09-01-2022, 12:05 AM.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I don't want to speak too soon, but looks like my cleaning paid off. Reassembled the carb on Thursday and today I added some Berrymens Chem Tool and poured it in my Motion Pro auxiliary tank. The bike actually warmed up pretty quick and after pushing in the choke all the way #4 stayed hot as the others. A sync later and bike now actually idles without me touching anything. Fingers crossed, going to ride it Sunday and Monday.
      1980 XS1100 SG
      Inline fuel filters
      New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
      160 mph speedometer mod
      Kerker Exhaust
      xschop K & N air filter setup
      Dynojet Recalibration kit
      1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
      1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

The 1980 XS1100 uses "non-bleed" slow or "pilot" jets, meaning they do not have the holes in the side.

Not running OFF choke is classic example of stopped up slow circuit

Comment

Dirty carbs are dirty carbs-crap gas in todays world and the bike is not ridden daily due to issues explained in previous posts. I know the consequences of not cleaning the carbs -less ride time. The biggest issue has been my left shoulder was almost completely destroyed last year in a work accident. Previously tore rotator cuff in my right arm.
          1980 XS1100 SG
          Inline fuel filters
          160 mph speedometer mod
          Kerker Exhaust
          1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

So I didn't get a chance to ride the bike on Sunday as my Brother came home with a headache and didn't move his car. Today I took the bike out for a ride, Bike idled fine and had lots of power when I got on it. Looking forward to riding some more next weekend. I found an old Eclipse bag I bought in the early 90's and was able to put my license, registration and insurance card in it. Ready to do some more riding.
            1980 XS1100 SG
            Inline fuel filters
            160 mph speedometer mod
            Kerker Exhaust
            1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

Took the bike out the other Sunday for a quick ride. Bike was flawless-too bad too many people on the road. Took the bike out today for a 17.7 mile ride. No issues what so ever. Just need to get more gas and not let it sit.
              1980 XS1100 SG
              Inline fuel filters
              160 mph speedometer mod
              Kerker Exhaust
              1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

Working...
              X