No announcement yet.

Bike died on the way home from work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy Ray,,,,,glad to hear it was the simple solution,,,,,and another xs is riding the pavement again,,,,is this the Monster engine Special Ed had in his xs hot rod??? WHatever happened to Ed, and his hot rod XS??? I think it was the fastest xs I ever saw that wasnt turboed......Mike in San Diego

Comment

Ed sold his XS about six years ago. He could not support the weight any longer. Ed and Gypsy moved back up to Oregon a few years ago. I've not talked with Ed for about 18 months, but they were doing well last I heard.This XS is NOT Ed's old bike, but it has been through Bob's shop!!! I know compression is about 20psi higher than stock, so probably a big bore kit. I'll post a pic once I get everything back together. It will have the Special tank on it, as the big tank I did have on it needs more work to get rid of the internal rust.
      Hope things are going well down there, and if you see Scott, let him know I'm alive, but not really going anyplace for now because of Penny.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Ray, I did a tank with Por-15 about two months ago. I used a pint more than they suggested and was glad I did. Just made it easier. I am very pleased with the resuts. I will suggest pouring it into a larger container to make the mixing easier. After deciding mixing it with a paint stick was next to futile, I sacrificed a kitchen wisk. It was well worth having to replce it.

Comment

Tank is on, bike seems to be ready to go! I've got to ride the lawn mower, and then the XS...
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG

Comment

Well, since I am using the Special tank, the fuel hose routing I tried didn't work. I need to feed the lines UNDER the vent line to the airbox, not above them. So about 30 minutes work tomorrow and it should be ready to ride. At least the lawn mower is running well....
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG

Comment

Rode the bike to work today!! Ran well there and back, but idle is just a tad high. I'll adjust the idle soon, but sprinklers and then the boat require my time first....
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG

Comment

Good job-I rode my bike the other day and didn't want to go to work after.
                1980 XS1100 SG
                Inline fuel filters
                New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
                160 mph speedometer mod
                Kerker Exhaust
                xschop K & N air filter setup
                Dynojet Recalibration kit
                1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Working...
                X