XS1100 Midnight Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by normalthom View Post
    Thank you. I'm currently attempting to get engine crash bars powder coated gold to match better. I also need to get new grips and mirrors. Hopefully have it all done before spring rolls around.
    That'll look real nice! That's a good idea I might do that when I get to them, that's the definitely not at the top of my list of things to do 😂 lots of rebuilding to do. Pretty sure you can still get stock grips but I haven't seen mirrors anywhere. I love the front fairing it's got on it, it'll make long highway trips more enjoyable.

Comment

Took her for a ride last weekend and ran great. I did find what I believe are the original mirrors on Partzilla. 2G2-26290-10-00 is the left hand mirror and 2G2-26290-00-00 is the right hand side mirror.
      Attached Files
      1981 Midnight Special
      Formerly had a Seca 550 and boy was it fast!!

Comment

Here's the pdf breakdown with lots of part numbers that jetmechmarty posted in another forum which is where I got the part numbers for the mirrors.

XS1100SF%201979_Partslist%20(2).pdf
        1981 Midnight Special
        Formerly had a Seca 550 and boy was it fast!!

Comment

Took her for a ride last weekend and ran great. I did find what I believe are the original mirrors on Partzilla. 2G2-26290-10-00 is the left hand mirror and 2G2-26290-00-00 is the right hand side mirror.
          Oem mirrors will be a challenge to find. These have served me well Yamaha XS 360/500/750/850/1100 Special - BLACK MIRRORS left & right (pair) | eBay
          2 - 80 LGs bought one new
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
          Jim

Comment

Here's the pdf breakdown with lots of part numbers that jetmechmarty posted in another forum which is where I got the part numbers for the mirrors.

XS1100SF%201979_Partslist%20(2).pdf
            The PDF is just text, not a link. Could you send it to me?

Comment

Originally posted by cajun31 View Post

Oem mirrors will be a challenge to find. These have served me well Yamaha XS 360/500/750/850/1100 Special - BLACK MIRRORS left & right (pair) | eBay
              Those look nice, I'll have to try them out when I get to them. Currently still on the brakes. Really slowed down on the rebuild 😅

Comment

Working...
              X