Mystery washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery washer

Putting in new (modified) gears and found this on the clutch shaft when I went to put the clutch pack back on. I took apart my parts engine to see if it had one. Nope. I have a service manual and on the gear and clutch explosion do not see anything like it. I had carefully put the gear string back together according to the manual, so I don't think it's a leftover plate washer from the trans. It does fit nicely on the clutch shaft, though.
    "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Maybe someone installed a washer for better dog-in-slot engagement. I have never considered modifying the transmission because none of my 4 XS11s had the problem.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.
    03 Honda ST1300 ABS

Comment

Well, maybe you are just not riding hard enough!!!
      "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

No, he is just shifting the bike as he should! When you try to "speed shift", or "power shift" is when they break.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
        X