Throttle Cable Assembly Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Cable Assembly Recommendations

Hey guys, the PO put a throttle assembly on this bike that simply does not work with our throttle cables. The L shaped metal end was just stuck into an open (not threaded hole) and is not secured into the assembly. Whenever I am backing up with the bike running the cable can get stuck and rev the engine.

The other hole in this assembly looks too large and I don't have the threaded fastener for this assembly. To be honest Im not even sure what to call the threaded adjuster/fastener/thingy.

Looking for any recommendations for a complete assembly, with tube (7/8) that will work with the motion pro cable 05-0069.
    Edmonton, AB
    1980 xs1100S

That looks like a push-pull throttle like on a Honda , where another cable comes out of the lower hole and goes to the carb also.
    Not correct for the XS11.
    Andreas Weiss probably has an assembly for ya.
    1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

XS650.com also has the correct throttle assembly, if you want a new one. Any mid '70's to early 80's Yamaha should work. You could probably use a dirt bike assembly as well, if it's a single cable type.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

There is a local motorcycle salvage shop 2km from my place with a ton of old Japanese bikes, ill bring my cable there and check it out then
        Edmonton, AB
        1980 xs1100S

Comment

Originally posted by deanstrickland View Post
          There is a local motorcycle salvage shop 2km from my place with a ton of old Japanese bikes, ill bring my cable there and check it out then
          If you have that luxury then just find a replacement off of an xs100 if they have one. There are also some aftermarket replacements on Ebay. They are brand new ... just not original but made to look and work just like the Oem.
          2 - 80 LGs bought one new
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
          Jim

Comment

cajun31 Im looking at getting Motion Pro to make me a cable so I can use a stand alone throttle assembly. Im removing the oem ign/kill switch/throttle assembly from my bars. Of course its busy season, I can barely get any replies from them.
            Edmonton, AB
            1980 xs1100S

Comment

Working...
            X