Jewelry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewelry

So me and SWMBO have sightly different viewpoints on many things, but particularly on jewelry. We both agree "Ooooh! Shiny!" is a good start. Her idea is usually precious metals and gems. My idea, on the other hand, is refurbing the cosmetics on my 80G. Plating on the badges and clear coat on the side covers wearing off and needed help. Tried stick-on gold model foil on the raised lettering but the results were less than stellar. Side covers got the ROYAL treatment. With the guidance of a local paint shop, the Guru behind the counter sold me what was necessary to strip and apply three coats each of primer, color and clear to result in an EXACT color match. Leaving me alone to sniff around on E-Bay late at night is dangerous. Found cast metal ("brass") replica badges from an Australian seller (Cheers Mate!) - Oh Gawd they look amazing! Also found tank badges (the RIGHT ones) brand new from Florida. Might I add also, none of this was cheap, but my idea of bling has no cost limit. Now, this is no Concours resto, but my baby (in this case, not SWMBO) is gonna look SHARP. "You spent HOW much on your bike?" and spending wars have begun - wish me luck!

3 Photos
    1980 XS1100G (one owner-me)
    1983 Kawasaki GPZ750 (Frankenbike)
    Owned - 1976 XS750D
    Owned - 1972 Honda CB750
    Owned - (unknown year) XS650
    (+ too many Yammies/Hondas to mention)

If you were going to buy a brand new bike (or SWMBO) it would cost you a small fortune. What you spent to dress your old bike (or SWMBO) is a drop in the bucket by comparison and yours is unique.

Looks real nice 👍
    ​​​​​​
    1979 XS1100 Special
    1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
    1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
    1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

My complements on the side covers restoration. The ROYAL treatment shows off a lot of pride in your work!

---Bax
      80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

Nice work on the side covers. A man has to have his priorities in order. Or should I say a person?
        2 - 80 LGs bought one new
        81 LH
        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
        Jim

Comment

Working...
        X