Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post

80-81 YAMAHA XS1100 CARBURETOR SLIDE PISTON & RUBBER DIAPHRAGM

At $20 each, these are going to be tough to beat. They came up on another forum. No complaint listed. The diaphragm is as original.
    Hey Marty,
    Just out of curiosity, I vaguely remembered they were the company based out of Japan that offered the inexpensive big bore piston/rings sets for our bikes, so I looked through their selection. Much to my surprise, they have added th 0.5 and 1.0 mm regular oversized piston/ring sets for the 78-79 engines. This is for folks with just enough cylinder wear/warpage/rust that requires some boring, but not the extreme big bore size...which can let someone have the chance to perform another bore/piston upgrade to their engine later if so desired. However, the bottom end parts, crank bearings are extremely rare now, so if someone has enough wear to require a bore, might as well go BIG or not at all?? Just wanted to mention this. We need to add this link to our links page with descriptions of these critical parts availability.

Just a reminder, these are CAST pistons, not Forged, but STOCK is also CAST, not forged, hence the cheaper prices of $130 for the little bores, $170 for the big bore kits, much cheaper than the $500++ price tags of the WiseCo Forged pistons! YMMV!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post

Hey Marty,
      Just out of curiosity, I vaguely remembered they were the company based out of Japan that offered the inexpensive big bore piston/rings sets for our bikes,
      That's right TC. Several of the XS11 faithful have installed Cruzin' Image pistons.

Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Have you checked to be sure the diaphragms are secure in groove? Many times they will be that way and by the time the carb top goes on they are not that way. Unless you have verified there are holes in the diaphragm these things last a long time.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Thanks Bonz pulled carbs out and the diaphragms on three of the carbs were not in right. My bike is a 79 but the carbs i just found out are the 1980 to 84 model . When i had some wiring issues with bike wiring diagrams matched the 80 bike, I think it was a late run 79 and some of the 80 parts were being put on

Comment

I had 4 to 1 Jardines, and K&N pods, running at 8500 feet elevation. Tried Mic 142.5 mains.
            Pulls hard all through the range.
            Did not test maximum speed.
            End result: 45 pilots, 142.5 mains, 1.25 turns for pilot screws, 1.007
            inch float height avg. I was getting 33 mpg and quite happy with that.
            Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.
            03 Honda ST1300 ABS

Comment

Working...
            X