1981 Eleven Special Rear Wheel size.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post

No problem functionally. Must be from an XJ.

If it were me, I would want the front and rear wheels to look the same.
    Can confirm the parts bike is an XJ. Funny because I built the carbs from a combination of the two bikes. I might grab the from wheel too. The XJ and XS share the same exhaust headers right?

Comment

Originally posted by Banshee's Veil View Post

So no spacer between the caliper and bracket? Just between the caliper and bearing?
      Correct, no spacer on the right side of the caliper bracket, only the larger one at the wheel bearing. The 16" wheel is actually 1/2" wider. That is the reason for different spacer setup.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

When re assembling remember to tighten (torque) the axle nut before the pinch bolt on the end of swing arm. Checking rotor /caliper and brackets are lineup correctly before finally tightening pinch bolt.

Maxim Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I've got a pair of the 777's (HD rear) with a couple of hundred miles on them. They ride nice on sunny days.
          1979 XS1100 Special
          1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
          1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
          1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
            When re assembling remember to tighten (torque) the axle nut before the pinch bolt on the end of swing arm. Checking rotor /caliper and brackets are lineup correctly before finally tightening pinch bolt.

Maxim Phil
            Yes. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by 2WheelFun View Post
              I've got a pair of the 777's (HD rear) with a couple of hundred miles on them. They ride nice on sunny days.
              Good to know! Thank you, looking forward to trying them on. But first I need to get her to start lol.

Comment

Working...
              X