Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.mousemilk.com/

It's a very good penetrating oil.

'smells like it's based on laquer thinner and machine oil. I've heard that it also contains milk of magnesia.
    It sure works on aicraft gas-engine headers!

RLMcD
    XJ1100J Maxim (Arlington)
    Ruby Red
    XS1100E (no name yet)
    Macho Maroon

Comment

Note:
      BTW, the Mouse Milk I'm talking about is the penetrating oil. I don't know about their new fuel injector cleaner.

RLMcD
      XJ1100J Maxim (Arlington)
      Ruby Red
      XS1100E (no name yet)
      Macho Maroon

Comment

Rick is correct. One thing that baffles me is that mouse milk is not very slick. Drip some on your fingers sometime, and then rub them together. LPS-3 is slicker, but definately not as good of a penetrating oil.

BTW, I hate waiting on parts. I ordered new petcocks and adapter plates, and have to wait for monday so I can mount them and actually run the bike till it warms up. This weekend I am working on the tank, side covers and seat plastic. I am painting them Polane black. VERY high gloss black. It should go well with the black wheels (when finished) and black kerker. I am kinda going for the all blacked out look.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimace
          I never took the butterfly screws out, but should I re-check the torque on those?
          If you didn't touch them, you won't need to retorque them, assuming a PO never loosened them either. They're tricky little buggers to get out because of the loctite. You would probably strip at least a couple of them if you didn't vary carefully use an impact driver to knock them loose.
          Ken Talbot

Comment

Gotcha. I have to ask a question. Would it be considered a sin for me to mod this xs alot? As in a single big carb, custom manifold, and a small turbo off of an isuzu impulse? I have drawn up sketches, and I have all the stuff, including a wastegate, with almost no out-of-pocket expenses. This is going to be a winter project for NEXT year. I want to turn some raunchy number for my "street sweeper" project. I am planning of shot peening the rods, and better rod bolts. Is this project possible, or should I choose another bike?

Comment

Now that sounds ambitious. I'm sure there's lots of folks out here who would love to see somebody pul off this kind of a modification. I'm also sure thay'll be asking for pictures and progress updates as you go along. This project is possible!!

BTW - a while back when I was looking for options for rebuilding the bike I started on last year about this time, I came across a set of high performance after-market rods. I'm not sure, but I may have seen this on Ebay. Wiseco big bore kits shold be easy to find too - no sense going all out on a project like this with tired parts....
              Ken Talbot

Comment

Yeah, I was looking into buying a spare engine, and going through it during the process if building the manifold. I want to make a serious street machine for all the crotch rockets out there. And I want it ot look a little ugly

Comment

Working...
                X