No announcement yet.

unreal module stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to say the same thing. And...IF someone was actually going to make these things as a business, I am all for it, even if I choose not to buy one. Aftermarket parts for these bikes are pretty "thin."

Originally posted by Pat Kelly
    He's not "trying to get rich off us". He was wanting to post the scematics and parts list so those of us that wanted to could make our own.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

...been following this thread and replies for a while.
      "Geezer" builds rectifiers... designs, builds, tests... redesigns, builds, tests...etc, then offers the fruits of his labors to those interested. Had the honor of meeting Geezer several months back... (with over a thousand posts to his name, his reputation precedes him) and found him neither pretentious nor blustery.
      "ThumperNow" suddenly appears from the ether, and in the span of four posts, asserts that he has built an electronic brain... but lacks the human gray matter to figure out how to post his research and findings ("pics and wiring diagrams", as he says).
      Even I, with my bulbous, yet mostly vacuous head, have been able to post photos, (and even a few diagrams that I had scribbled out using my windows '95 Paint Program)
      The Yamaha Triples site has schematics of a control module, but since my German is limited to "Ein beer, bitte", I'll have to wait for the English translation. (Their Modules need to fire three coils. To adapt it to ours, I'd just remove the Schaltkreis, or is it the Vangleichutupen? And what are those squiggly things?)
      In this age of "Hucksterism" and "Nigerian Gold' scams, I wish to await further developements before either lauding my praise, or firing off insulting barbs.

For the present, I'll take a more "level-headed" approach to things (bevel-headed, for Pat), and see how this all unfolds.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

I do know how Thumper feels about the lackof enthusiasm. Occasionally I post a suggestion or thought XSpecting to turn the XS world on is ear. No response is rather deflating .
        I don't take it personally though. I go back to the bathroom and refine my ideas or come up with new ones.

"Sometimes I sit and think, sometimes I just sit"
        Pat Kelly
        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

broken

or there you sit all broken hearted tried to $hit but only farted,then one day ya took a chance tried to fart and $hit ya pants. Ok sorry for the rich thing,typing before thinking i suppose,but he downright blasted EVERY person on this fourm (no-no ) I don't have the power to say post this don't post that ,can't you read the signs?As far as the module goes great, (out of site out of mind) mine still is working so i don't fix it sorry.I also read pretty much all the posts on this site and i took offence to getting blasted like that thats all. I'm still trying to save the bones to get the filter adabter (freaking spelling sux) to me that is awsome. But anywhoo,i'm all better now sorry for the rave...and have a piss elegant day
          1982 XJ 1100
          going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
          now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Working...
          X