No announcement yet.

Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure the o-ring on the housing and on the bolt are in good shape and in the grooves. It can be tough to keep the one on the housing in the groove as you install the housing - I put some fresh oil on the o-ring to make it stick in the grove. (Some filters come with new o-rings and they get twisted up in the box.)
    Frank

1979 XS1100F Street Rat

Comment

Warming the o ring up, or coating it with new wheel bearing grease help to keep it in place.

Comment

Yeah, I do that also. I hold it in place in the groove by smearing grease in the groove first. Oil and grease seem to like each other. :-)

Originally posted by John
        Warming the o ring up, or coating it with new wheel bearing grease help to keep it in place.
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Oil Change

Sounds like you are just about organized for the next time.
          Ken/Sooke

Comment

I hope so. I don't think I will forget everything the next time. This has taught me a good lesson. Did get to go out for about 45 min ride. Want to think all you guys for your help. I'll try and get some pictures of my Bike to put on here. See yea

Comment

Working...
            X