Clymer book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clymer book

Is it me or does my clymer manuel have a typo? It states that the carbs are numbered left to right starting at 1 which is okay, but... It also says to sync the carbs starting with 1 & 2 using what they label as screw "A". Okay... but the diagram shows "A" to be between 3 & 4. Too much gas fumes in my garage... I dunno.
    "If it weren't for a budget I'd be bored."

Thom
    79 xs11sf - Rented Mule
    80 xs11sg
    81 sr250t- sold to Pain

Re: Clymer book

It really doesn't matter as long as they are equal vacuum when you are finished! =:-) BUT, you will notice that whenever you turn the screw for No.2 carb, No.1 will also be affected because it is tied to No. 2's linkage.

Originally posted by Glarusguy
    Is it me or does my clymer manuel have a typo? It states that the carbs are numbered left to right starting at 1 which is okay, but... It also says to sync the carbs starting with 1 & 2 using what they label as screw "A". Okay... but the diagram shows "A" to be between 3 & 4. Too much gas fumes in my garage... I dunno.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

speaking of clymer manuals anyone know where i can locate one for my xj1100 maxim

thanks

Comment

i looked in my year old chaparral catalog and found

xs1100 fours 78-81 and FJ1100-1200 84-93

but this could just be because its an older catalog, hopefully
        maybe someone else knows
        SSHHHHHHHHHHH (Cant talk now the Squirrels are Watching)

Comment

Yeah, I realize the sych. process, but I saw the typo and wondered if anyone noticed the same. Didn't know if I was seeing things. Sometimes I spend a little too much time in the shop.
          Oh wait... "Yes dear I'll be in in a moment"

Thom
          79 xs11sf - Rented Mule
          80 xs11sg
          81 sr250t- sold to Pain

Comment

"A" and "C" reversed

Hi, Glarusguy,
            Yes, you are right. Under step 12 on page 51, "A" should be changed to "C". On page 53, step 13, "C" should be changed to "A".
            -Deni
            Helmets save lives. Loud pipes hurt my ears.

Comment

So I am not slightly insane. I know it's common enough to have typos in any of the manuels especially in wire diagrams. I had to wire in a harness into my Saab and had tp make sure I had a pen handy the whole time. Anyway... Thanks for the replies.

Thom
              79 xs11sf - Rented Mule
              80 xs11sg
              81 sr250t- sold to Pain

Comment

Working...
              X