Pictures from the Dragstrip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from the Dragstrip

A few pictures from the Dragstrip last Saturday...

You can even see the fork-brace too!!!

[/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

So what was the time??
    I'll have to send you a pic of the fairing, as it's now blue!
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

How come I don't see any day light under the front wheel in the pic where you're coming off the line?

Comment

Very nice! what were your times?

I guess I thought the brace was larger than that when I looked at the eBay pictures and I wasn't sure how that would look on the bike. Looks good!
        Scott

1980 SG

Comment

Look at the picture right after I launched. Check out the difference in the rear suspension. Compare the pictures of the bike at rest to the other pic, the whole rear of the bike is raised. With the shaft drive and leaning forward, launching at 4500 rpm, the front tire will stay down.

My dial most of last year was 12.8-12.9 @ about 104. This run was only a 13.11.

The forkbrake isnt too large, It would look much better in chrome though..

Comment

Does the 'Up and to the right " of the shaft drive affect the launch any, or is it helpful in keeping the front wheel on the track?

Comment

I havent noticed any kind of pull (sideways) when launching. Also I noted that the front tire stays on the ground much easier since I lowered the forks... Before I lowered them, if Ileaned back at all, the tire would come up....

Comment

DiverRay,

So the Fairing turned out ok?

Comment

Yes, I put in about 30 hours of work on it, with the prep and painting. It bolted up to my mount, and works great!
                  I may PM a picture to you, once I get one! I'm to busy riding to stop and take any pics!
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG
                  XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                  XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I am glad it worked out for you!!! Thats cool...

Comment

cool pics, very cool!
                      and nice bike too

a freind gave me a vance n hines side winder 4 in to 1 that came off a kz 1000 and after some heating and beating it fit kind of nice it got me almost another second off my 1/4 mile time
                      but that bike had the big kit in it

Comment

Working...
                      X