rotor/stator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rotor/stator

I changed the rotor/stator cover on my bike last night and when I ran it this morning is smelled and felt pretty hot. I'm not sure how hot it got before I changed it; just never really paid attention to it.
    It seemed like a easy change out and the only thing i was concerned about was the gasket. Since mine tore and I did not have a new one I just put the cover on and went with it.
    So, would that thickness of gasket have anything to do with a tolerance issue for clearence in there? Any other suggestions as to why it smelled/ felt hot?
    I'm going to pull it off again to be sure but I felt like it all went back together correctly.
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Hope you didn't pinch the wires.
    Ken/Sooke

Comment

A tiny little piece of the old gasket was inside between the rotor and stator. I pulled it out and everything works fine.
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

So double clean and double check on engine, triple clean on carbs??
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
        X