X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS Eleven 1300 kit

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...957362556&rd=1

Any ideas? Ever heard of this kit?
    I found an engine a while back on ebay, it supposed to have 1300 kit and double spark plugs and.... but as I understood it, it had FJ1200 cylinders?

So, whats the deal with this one?

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Strom

Dennyz and I discussed this a while ago. My wife rides an FJ 11 and I did some checking and through the discussion we decided that the cylinders from an FJ11/12 wouldn't work. The biggest problem was the direction of rotation is different and the cam chain tensioner is on the rear of the cylinders o the FJ vs the front for an XS. If one was to replace the steel cylinder sleeves with larger ones, then maybe it could be done.

Comment

Sure looks like a Wiseco big bore kit - the 'big' one.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Yeah,
        I'm wondering if the seller hasn't read the description wrong? The Big kit is 1196cc, so could be called a 1200 kit! The gasket looks like the graphite one I got with my WISECO kit! I saved the picture of the instructions, and tried to zoom in on it, could make out the words SPEED PRODUCTS, but that was it. The label on the gasket says Graphite Head Gasket, but can't see any numbers listed!?

I remember a discussion about how thin the cylinder walls would be with the 1196 kit, being a 74.5mm diameter bore, the OEM sleeves somebody said were 76 or 78mm, left only about 2mm thickness!?

The bore would need to be about 77.5mm to get 1300cc's. Mighty darn thin cylinder walls without custom sleeves, and there weren't any pictures of sleeves in that EBAY ad!?
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

OEM sleeves are 78.25mm outer diameter.....
          Ken Talbot

Comment

I'm looking at that head gasket, doesn't look like the one in my XJ's parts fiche. On the other hand, there were some speed parts built for the XS in the early days, including dual-plug heads (one seems to come up on eBay from time to time) and I have a set of high-comp pistons that I would like to put in my XJ some day. Made by a company in California, found on ebay as well.

Can't imagine a 1300 cc high-comp 680 lb XS riding on a 130-90-16 rear tire.....
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Strange find

Was at the recyclers getting some aluminum plate and ran across a set of Vance and Hines 4 row cylinders/jugs....I measured the bore diameter of @83mm!!!! (with a metric tape measure)....the front to back row bolt holes are 72mm center-center.....could this possibly be designed for an xs11? what CC would this work out to?
              MDRNF
              79F.....Not Stock
              80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

I send a cylinder jug with some huge aftermarket pistons and rings to a guy on the list in alberta last year. the pistons were just shy of 3 inches in width or there abouts. They were bigger than 1200 for sure. Had never seen those before, they had a sliding wrist pin keeper that looked like a small piston.Each side had one to hold the wrist pin in place. Was held in place by the cylinder walls that they were in contact with. Not like the stock clip, The bike was a 78e that had been sitting for approx 16 yrs so the bigger cylinders and pistons were something made prior to 1990. Cylinder jugs were the stock cylinder jugs from an xs1100. andreas

Comment

Hey Chop, looks like you've found it!

Stroke is 68.6mm

Pi*R(squared)X stroke x 4cylinders/1000mm=cu.cent's.

3.1417X41.5x41.5(1722.25)=5410.80 times stroke 68.6=371180.40
                  371180.40 times 4=1484721.55 cubic mm's, divided by 1000 mm=CC's
                  That's 1484.72cc's, the elusive ~1500cc kit!
                  T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

hey chop go get it and sell it to me.

Comment

Well for 83mm pistons you'd need sleeves only 2mm thick and they'd need to to be straight tubes with no lip, the stock 78mm width sleeves are 3mm thick, have a 4.5mm lip on the upper end, to get 3mm thick sleeves for the 83mm pistons you could widen the sleeves to 88mm but the stud holes will be extremely close to the outside sleeve from stock 1.5mm to an even tinier 1mm

Comment

measurements

Just got home and measured the extar head I have the front to back bolt measurements match but the side to side, (I think) are different( looks like the xs11 is 85mm and those jugs were 97, not for sure. I hid the cylinders behind some crap in the junk yard and I will double check tomorrow. actually I just remembered I have a spare set of juggs in the attic......will keep posted, chop
                        MDRNF
                        79F.....Not Stock

Comment

Although if the sleeves were 88mm width, they'd be pretty much touching each other!

Comment

sleeves

the sleeves looked to be @ 5-6mm thick I didn't measure......so my next question, If someone had access to the right equipment, what's the ideal CC/ sleeve bore to do to the stock juggs? Do those things just press outta there? xs14 sounds like a good number
                            MDRNF
                            79F.....Not Stock

Comment

Yeah, 1400cc, big valves and 8 plug head, he-he. For the extra plugs, you'd have to drill and tap their holes at the precise angle to fit, and mill off some of the top cooling fins. How's 4 coils, possibly 2 tci's? and 8 plugs, caps and wires sound

Comment

Working...
                              X