Questions concerning removing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there CZekus21,

I didn't go the big light bar, just mounted some "L" brackets on the side of the triple tree at the lower clamps, and then was able to mount the extra lights on there! I've got a grainy picture of my accent ringed lights, will try to get it up to show!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Higher wattage is not necessarily what you are after. I had a high wattage bulb installed and it came on like a toaster element (slow). I installed a Sylvania "Silverstar" with the same wattage as stock, that makes more "lumins." Lumins is a measure of light intensity, and so is "candle power." Wattage is a measure of power usage, which may not be efficient for light conversion, but it may tell you something about the capability of your charging system... I am very satisfied with the new bulb. You can get this bulb at most auto parts stores and it will work as long as you do not have the 78 style sealed beam.
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Hey Wildbill The light on my XJ had a 60-55 bulb ,changed to 100-80 . What a light. Sold the XJ with a round light,bought a Honda 750 with a square light. Not worth a d##m. Hit a moose because of the poor lighting. Installed a larger round light with 100% better lighting. Also installed a 100-80 bulb. bkr

Comment

I have been checking in D.K.cat. about different wattages when I came across something that might be what I`am looking for.Have any of you tried a superwhite.Supposed to be brighter but draws the same amount of watts.I have a round light so which ever one works better is what I will go with.That is a nice setup TC a real eye catcher.I don`t think I will go any higher than a 100w-80w.Thanks for your help.
          Bill Harvell

Comment

You could always put a light bar with two additional driving lights

That just what I did on my XS850. Twin 30 Watts wide angle are illuminating the sides of the road, it works great!.

see for yourself:
            http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?&...id=73834981206
            Carpe Diem!
            1980 XS850G
            1973 CT70

Comment

How did you get that engine so clean and bright? Great looking bike!

Comment

Originally posted by skids
                Higher wattage is not necessarily what you are after. I had a high wattage bulb installed and it came on like a toaster element (slow). I installed a Sylvania "Silverstar" with the same wattage as stock, that makes more "lumins." Lumins is a measure of light intensity, and so is "candle power." Wattage is a measure of power usage, which may not be efficient for light conversion, but it may tell you something about the capability of your charging system... I am very satisfied with the new bulb. You can get this bulb at most auto parts stores and it will work as long as you do not have the 78 style sealed beam.
                I finally got out and checked out the Sylvania "Silverstar" bulbs.I think that is what I`am looking.Did you do anything other than changing bulbs?Thanks for the tip.
                Bill Harvell

Comment

My 81RH easily handles a 80 / 100 bulb and two 55 watt driving lights

Comment

Working...
                  X