No announcement yet.

6.4 Gas tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like there's going to be a bidding war at the last minute for these tanks. I hope there are no hurt feelings.

I'm not sure if it's in the forum tips but I remember a tech tip on making a bigger tank by cutting the "tunnel" (underside of tank that mounts to the frame) from the "body" of the tank (the part everyone sees) then making a different (larger, smaller, custom shape) "body" then welding it to the "tunnel".
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Kelly
      Looks like there's going to be a bidding war at the last minute for these tanks. I hope there are no hurt feelings.

I'm not sure if it's in the forum tips but I remember a tech tip on making a bigger tank by cutting the "tunnel" (underside of tank that mounts to the frame) from the "body" of the tank (the part everyone sees) then making a different (larger, smaller, custom shape) "body" then welding it to the "tunnel".
      The endurance racers used to take 2 tanks and splice them together to get larger capacity. It's not as hard as it sounds but how far can you ride at one sitting anyway?

My old Guzzi had a 6.5 gallon tank and got 45 MPG. I never could out ride a full tank of gas without a long break.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I thought about bidding on one of those tanks but got to thinking. With the seat that I've got on MIYAMI, I've got to stop about every 75-90 or so miles and walk out the monkey butt syndrome, I'm going to redo my seat this winter but still feel it's a good idea to stop at least every 100 or so miles.
        Almost sounds like a new thread to start.
        S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
        1-big XS patch
        1-small XS/XJ patch
        1-XS/XJ owners pin.
        1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
        2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
        1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
        1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X