Good deal from Dealer?!?!?!??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serviced? - - -

- - - in the agricultural sense, that is. You betcha were!
    Tire swap, new valve & balance $20 flat rate tops if you bring the wheel in and it's your own tire. Most shops take some off that if you bought the tire from them instead of saving ~$40 by getting it on the net. And they should swallow their own incompetence rather than try billing you for it.
    If you really do have a tubeless tire with no tube in it mounted on a tube-tire rim there's good odds it will go flat on you.
    Even I could most likely ride a rig to a safe halt if the rear tire went flat but the cost & incovenience of getting the thing home to fix it will far exceed that of the "free air".
    Fred Hill (with a can of "fix-a-flat" anna jack in my sidecar trunk & 3 tubeless tires on my rig in) S'toon.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Bought the tire from them, no deal on mounting. I went to every shop in town, except Harley, all charge by the hour for tire mounting. There isn't any independent shops. Where I used to live that was a shop that would do it quite reasonable, nut I'm guess I wan't going to drive all over looking for one. So I opted for the Yammie dealer. On my next order to Dennis Kirk I will be getting the goods to do my own tire changes and will be building a bead breaker. The '72 CB500 will be needing tires soon and I plan on doing them myself.
      Kevin
      '79 XS1100 w/ Sidecar "SOLD"
      [URL=http://webpages.charter.net/kbhahn/sidecar1.html]My Webpage[/URL]

Comment

PGG is right,
        If they can't change a TIRE I wouldn't let them work on my dirtbike either and would never go back. It looks like a tube type valve stem to me. Rim locks won't hold air.
        "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Don't forget, when you do your own tires, make sure that the yellow dot on the sidewall of the tire is lined up even with the valve stem. This is the light part of the tire and will take less wheel wieghts to bring it to balance. ( not that I would have learned that the hard way or anything )
          S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
          1-big XS patch
          1-small XS/XJ patch
          1-XS/XJ owners pin.
          1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
          2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
          1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
          1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X