bike for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike for sale

I have what I believe to be a 1982 XS 1100 standard. I made a small investment for the bike, thinking it could be a project for me and son. Turns out neither of us have the time. The bike has not ran for approx. 3 yrs and will need some work. The 2 biggest hurdles will be, I have no key or title for bike. Which leads me to believe it will be a great parts bike. Whoever shut the bike down it the right way and all the chrome, speedo and tach were removed and boxed. I am looking to break even @ $300 for whole bike or will part out if needed. I live in the Indianapolis area. You can post here if interested
    Brian "bubba" Stanley

Need side covers. Sure that's not an '81? Pretty sure it went to XJ in '82.
    '81H
    '77 GS750
    '80 ATC 200
    '79SF [stolen]

Comment

Any guess as to how many miles on the engine? Might be interested if it still has a good amount of life left in it.
      1980 XS 1100 Standard
      1980 XS 1100 Special
      1982 XJ 1100
      1972 Honda CB 350

Comment

If you will post the first three digits of the serial number, we will let you know what model you have. I need some brake rotors.
        Bill Murrin
        Nashville, TN
        1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
        1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
        2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
        2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
        1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
        2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

guys, I am posting from work -- don't tell anyone. I will get the serial number tonight and post tomorrow and also check the mileage. I will also check the condition of the side covers. Thanks for your interest
          Brian "bubba" Stanley

Comment

If that is an 82 XJ, I stil could use some parts for mine. I'm just up the road from you.
            John
            82 XJ1100J
            "eXJunk"

Comment

What's up everybody

I thought we were all here to save a great motorcycle not part it out. I'm a little out of his neighborhood or I'd think about a restore on it. The igi swith ain't no step for a stepper. If the bike hasn't been stolen in it's life, the title shouldn't be that big of a problem. Somebody out there needs to step up. I might be a little biased since the parts wouldn't help me anyway. Just my 2 cents.
              There's always a way, figure it out.
              78XS11E

Comment

Sorry, Pathfinder, but it sounds like Bubba and son have other priorites right now-seems like they deserve credit for going to the trouble of offering up the organ donor on this venerable forum.
                '81H
                '77 GS750
                '80 ATC 200
                '79SF [stolen]

Comment

I would prefer to see it saved as well, but lets be realistic about it. First, the bike hasn't run in years and the condition of the motor/ trans is unknown. Second, the bike has no title. That's an immediate red flag for most folks that would be interested in re-building it. So the odds are not good. I'm just saying that IF it is an 82 XJ, and IF it does get parted, I could use some parts. The decision is their's to make tho.
                  John
                  82 XJ1100J
                  "eXJunk"

Comment

Bahh, tfm3 i need a left side cover bad. Been fixing mine up and waiting. I NEED A LEFT SIDE COVER!

TY GRIFF

Comment

baah,griff!

going there tomorrow for sure.
                      '81H
                      '77 GS750
                      '80 ATC 200
                      '79SF [stolen]

Comment

Not to hurt the feelings of those looking for parts, I would not mind taking a look at the whole bike.

I plan to be in Indy next week (8/19-20, barring some new disaster this month. It has been a month of disasters), when are you available?
                        I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

Good afternoon gentlemen, I have some info that was requested. Unfortunately the side covers were missing in action, they must have been sold before I got the bike. The mileage on the speedo is 12,525 - but the speedo is removed and don't know how accurate this is. Nashville_bill I got home and thought you wanted the last 3 numbers and brought them into work with me today, they won't do you any good. Trying to reach son at home to get the first 3. Pain I can be available just about anytime 8-19, going out of town 8-20 leaving @ 4 pm, but can be available anytime before then. If wanting to see e-mail me @ bstanley@kittles.com and we can arrange something. I agree that the bike should be restored, I am a true bike lover just like everyone else. This one will just take the right person. What parts are you looking for mac??
                          Brian "bubba" Stanley

Comment

I have the first 3 on the vin --- JYA
                            Brian "bubba" Stanley

Comment

I could use a speedo,tach &
                              headlight assy if you end up
                              parting the bike out.

Comment

Working...
                              X