Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just because I like to post $hit

Originally posted by mro
    The rotational speed of the Earth at the equator is about 1,038 miles per hour.
    At mid-latitudes, the speed of the Earth's rotation decreases to 700 to 900 miles per hour.

Think there was a guy posting here last year from Brazil.
    So he may have the fastest XS at rest

mro
    Isn't your **** around the wrong way? hope it doesn't move the wrong way, that could be very uncomfortable.

Speed is fastest at the equator (mid) region, therefore Guatemala, more than Brazil

Comment

• therefore Guatemala

Don't remember any XSers from Guatemala.
      Also a dirt bike would be more usefull there.

mro

Comment

• no idea due to the carbs being messed up when i bought the bike.
        1980 xs1100 sg.

Comment

• I do not own the fastest XS because i do not want another $400+ speeding ticket the fastest i've gone was 98-99mph during my first week of ownership.
          1978 XS1100E Standard
          Kerker Exhaust
          Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
          TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
          Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

• Mine may not be the fastest, but it kept up 100+ for about 40 miles on the turnpike coming home from Talimena rally. I was following a Lexsux, and she was driving like an utter idiot. I figured since I am an idiot, it was in invitation.
            Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

• 24 pages of "who's got the fastest XS?" Oh brother. I guess I just added to it...
              Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
              1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
              23mm float height
              120 main jets
              42.5 pilot jets
              drilled stock airbox with K&N
              Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
              spade fusebox
              1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

• I am way fast

When I am not getting past by 10 speed bicycles.
                I had mine up to 90 once but since I got 30K on it I worry about how much it will hurt when the middle box locks up going over 60 mph so I tend to take it easy, I am getting old and the bike is old so it's good enough just to get there without walking.
                1980 Xs1100 MNS Sold for $1800
                2004 Roadstar XV1700
                45 to 50 MPG
                Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before it is too late!

Comment

• but since I got 30K on it I worry about how much it will hurt when the middle box locks up
                  Three HUNDRED thousand and I could understand... but 30k? Barely broken in...

Tod
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig View Post
                    Three HUNDRED thousand and I could understand... but 30k? Barely broken in...

Tod
                    Yea I know it is not much but the PO treated this thing like a step child for 20k.
                    When I got it I treated it like a sponge and let it soak up all my time and a lot of money to get it back like it use to be. Even though these bikes don't have that many miles on them the metal is getting old and I imagine in a few more years I will start seeing signs of metal fatigue, running hard or running fast will only accelerate that process. Don't forget things like wheel bearings that are 28 years old-100 mph is not a good idea-
                    I know what you mean though and hope you are right about it just getting broke in that would be great to me!
                    Have fun riding
                    1980 Xs1100 MNS Sold for $1800
                    2004 Roadstar XV1700
                    45 to 50 MPG
                    Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before it is too late!

Comment

• Originally posted by XSPastor View Post
                      24 pages of "who's got the fastest XS?"
                      I think this says a lot about the XS11. I tried a poll like this on a VMax forum and it was not nearly as popular. I was blown away at all the responses indicating that so many people have been over 130 on the 11.

I think the XS continues to respected for its power and speed. I haven't even hit 130 on my VMax....
                      1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
                      1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
                      1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
                      1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
                      1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
                      1982 XS650
                      1980 XS1100g
                      1979 XS1100sf
                      1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

• i'll let you know how fast.when i get a speedo
                        1978e. special forks.she's a frankinstien.a bit of this a bit of that.its a monster

Comment

• I hope my fast days are all gone. Not sure about my newest build, Honda CR500R 1997.

The XS1100's could have some problems with the downtubes breaking off. Watch this for corrosion problems.

The last bad story I heard was Bob Jones son having a high speed wobble going at about 120mph+. May of been on the Yellow Jacket bike. Not sure what caused it but could of been the sport fairing maybe.

Well this slowed me down some so I can enjoy the ride more so going a little slower.
                          "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

• I like to ride all speeds. I enjoy a nice slow cruise.. but nothing makes you feel alive like a good speed rush. Some days I have the fever worse than others, but I would say I take it up past the 130+ several times a month.. and runs up to 100 closer to daily.

When you go to pass a car and accelerate, and in my case with pod filters, that growl I get from the intake as the motor starts to come alive like you've just finally woken the beast from it's rest.. the G-forces when you're getting to the top of that power curve.. then a slight drop off in power.. then grab another gear and do it again. When everything is running like it should, the motor purring along in perfect tune, tires balanced perfectly, those pesky cars growing smaller and smaller in your mirrors...the motor reaching top speed.. no longer able to push any more air out of the way, but still loyally trying.. roaring at the wind...

Some days it's just too d@mn hard to let go of the throttle, and I must give in to the fever.

Tod
                            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                            '06 Suzuki DR650
                            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                            '81 XS1100 Special
                            '81 YZ250
                            '80 XS850 Special
                            '80 XR100
                            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• Tusler posted:
                              I had mine up to 90 once but since I got 30K on it I worry about how much it will hurt when the middle box locks up going over 60 mph so I tend to take it easy, I am getting old and the bike is old so it's good enough just to get there without walking.
                              Don't worry about the lock up! Keep RedLine synthetic in the middle and final drive, and just go! I DID lock up the transmission at 80MPH on my old daily ride, and just let it slide in a strait line until almost stopped. That was on CA 140, Westbound about 3 miles East of Merced, last summer. I only had about 103K miles on the bike, but I DID hear something go SPROING just as it locked up. The black mark is probably still there, and I DO have the pictures of the skid to prove it!
                              Ray Matteis
                              KE6NHG
                              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

• pictures

Hey DiverRay are these pictures of the actual skid on the highway or the one that probably followed, in your shorts? I would love to see pics of the first type of skid. The second type, well not so much.
                                2-79 XS1100 SF
                                2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                                80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                                Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Working...
                                X