Who owns the fastest XS11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DavesXS

I weigh 155, and bought a wind shield just for that reason. And the handle bars that lean me forward too.

I see guys on harleys kicked back like there in a lounge chair on the high way at 80 mph. If I lean back I go off the back! Or so it feels like. Or a gust of wind from a truck? Highway riding is kinda stressful for lighter folk. Got the constant death grip going on.
    Same here, 145 lbs, no windshield but my hands hurt after driving on the hwy for awhile. I watched TopCatgr videos on YouTube and expected a little faster times, but at 6' 6" he must weigh a lot, not to mention the aerodynamics of a 6' 6" wall cutting through the wind!
    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

• Originally posted by powerram50
      how the heck you guys go so fast?i have no windshield and at 80 my 140 lb ass is almost getting blown off the rear.
      I use to have this problem when I first got my XS. I only weigh 72KG, (LBs ? ) But I learnt how to position myself on the bike to reduce wind drag, and fitted a pair of handle bars that are 2" lower than the std height on a XS1100E STD.
      When in top gear, and twisting the right hand to the stop, I put my feet on the rear pegs, this flattens my profile to the wind, and I just ride.
      230kph been indicated on the speedo several times. Becoming airborne at that speed over a railway crossing was a bit of a buzz.
      At 78,000 K's and only one engine rebuild, 20k ago, she still runs sweet as, pulls monos on demand and keeps those little pocket rockets at bay on club runs.
      Very regular oil & filter changes, every 3000k, with new plugs and Cam chain adjust never had a problem with motor yet.
      I have looked at the 750 - 850 diff mod, but here in NZ we dont have straights long enough to warrent that conversion.
      Fastest? no, most fum ? YES
      http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/DSC00009.jpg
      1980 XS1100 Std English Assembled, 378k miles
      In stock untouched contion.
      http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/seatside.jpg
      1979 XS1100F Std NZ new,
      Mikes XS coils
      Jardine 4-1
      Pod filters
      Harley Davidson Rear Fender
      Bullet signal lights
      Twin 75mm headlights
      Self made single seat

Comment

• Originally posted by subike

I use to have this problem when I first got my XS. I only weigh 72KG, (LBs ? ) But I learnt how to position myself on the bike to reduce wind drag, and fitted a pair of handle bars that are 2" lower than the std height on a XS1100E STD.
        When in top gear, and twisting the right hand to the stop, I put my feet on the rear pegs, this flattens my profile to the wind, and I just ride.
        230kph been indicated on the speedo several times. Becoming airborne at that speed over a railway crossing was a bit of a buzz.
        At 78,000 K's and only one engine rebuild, 20k ago, she still runs sweet as, pulls monos on demand and keeps those little pocket rockets at bay on club runs.
        Very regular oil & filter changes, every 3000k, with new plugs and Cam chain adjust never had a problem with motor yet.
        I have looked at the 750 - 850 diff mod, but here in NZ we dont have straights long enough to warrent that conversion.
        Fastest? no, most fum ? YES

howdy Subike---hows the black beast...Heywhat about the Timaru-ChCh Rd?? Used to sit on 160 ks+( i guess now theres cameras everywhere eh??I just got my Rego Done , so im all legal now,,,, & broke
        80 XS11 Standard Australia

Comment

• Wow this thread will go one forever!

Our bike is back out of the shop.....
          79 XS1100 Special
          full farring
          hard bags
          just over 30,000 miles on the engine.

Prior to having the carbs cleaned correctly, sinked and tuned..... the bike did 90 in a quarter mile with just my husband riding

After the bike came out of the shop the bike will do over 110 in the same quarter mile but with my additional 175 lbs added. Apparently I got jumpy and he had to back off on the throttle. He hasn't tryed it again without me though. To many deer on the highway this time of year.

May not be the fastest bike but WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!!!

Ride Free Ride Safe!!
          1979 XS1100 Special - since 2008
          1977 XS750 Special - since 1985

Comment

• i'm gona imagine this guy has the fastest xs1100, though not sure, as it's not in english!!! lol
            but mine will do 138-145 mpg mostly stock at 42k on speedo, so i've got to imagine this guy is 180+

heres a pic of his in 97

and in 2006

site: if you can translate

http://xs1100.info/photo_3.html
            Last edited by lostsoul74; 08-21-2008, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Hi Guys,

That is MathH's Turbo; He is a member on here, and has posted pics of it a few times. It was on this year's calendar, and I think that his very first post had a brief history of the bike (in English!) along with the pics.

It is currently for sale............

AlanB
              If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

• Originally posted by lostsoul74
                i'm gona imagine this guy has the fastest xs1100, though not sure, as it's not in english!!! lol
                but mine will do 138-145 mpg mostly stock at 42k on speedo, so i've got to imagine this guy is 180+

heres a pic of his in 97

and in 2006

site: if you can translate

http://xs1100.info/photo_3.html
                Haven't read through the site, but unless he's done some major re-gearing of the drive train his speeds aren't going to be much higher than a standard XS (in top condition of course). 180 mph speeds would equate to bouncing the valve train through the rocker cover on anything close to standard gearing.
                But launch and highway roll-on power would be HUGE, 130mph mono's
                And you could really scare the Busa crowd. Would be an awesome ride.

Any chance that MattH can confirm performance stats?

Comment

• i think he has on here somewhere before??? and i think the guy in colorado with the turbo said his tops around 140 or so but it takes zero time to get there!
                  " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                  xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                  8mm msd wires
                  tkat fork brace...
                  Fox shocks...
                  mikes650 front fender
                  led's gallore...
                  renthal bars
                  gold valve emulators
                  vmax tensioner
                  Rifle fairing

Comment

• Back in 1985 when I had my 80 special, it had the 160mph speedo on it. I had it up past the 160mph mark many of times on E35 outside of N Dallas in Lewisville up to Denton. That was a long time ago and I think back and shudder...

I shudda kept that bike!!!!
                    Last edited by mstic2000; 09-10-2008, 08:25 AM.
                    My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

• I remember coming into Lewisville off the E35 interstate from Denton thinking I'll take the main exit to Lewisville. Shoot, by the time I saw it I was past it, hand completely off the throttle steadily applying the breaks and I managed to slow down just barely enough to make the next exit 1 mile down the road! Ain't no joke, ain't no exaggeration.

Comment

• "I managed to slow down just barely enough to make the next exit "

Hi mstic,
                        Yeah, my Royal Enfield had crappy brakes like that.
                        Fred Hill, S'toon
                        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

• Then ya know what I'm talk'n bout.........LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by fredintoon
                            Lessee now,
                            best could be said of my machine is that it runs on all 4 cylinders. And hauls a sidecar.
                            And is driven by a timid old man. Betcha I got the slowest.
                            Betcha don't. Mine gets passed by my sons Big Wheel. Only cause it's not currently running. I've got a lot of work that needs to be done before it'll be road ready. Probably not until spring of 09. I'm gonna go pout now.
                            If you don't own a fire extinguisher, do me a personal favor and go purchase one... immediately.

1980 MNS

Comment

• Correction. I just found out that my bike moves at 1000MPH as the earth spins on its axis.
                              If you don't own a fire extinguisher, do me a personal favor and go purchase one... immediately.

1980 MNS

Comment

• Just because I like to post $hit

The rotational speed of the Earth at the equator is about 1,038 miles per hour.
                                At mid-latitudes, the speed of the Earth's rotation decreases to 700 to 900 miles per hour.

Think there was a guy posting here last year from Brazil.
                                So he may have the fastest XS at rest

mro

Comment

Working...
                                X