Who owns the fastest XS11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridin' Two-Up!

I got the xs11 because it is a stout bike. When my wife and I are both on it, we are nearly 500 lbs. I also took my older son for a ride(he goes almost 300#) and was bouncing the front wheel in second gear. That was just rolling power and a lot of weight on the back end. I haven't abused the clutch at all - except for raw weight. This Eleven does stay with everyone else, even in the dash from the stop light, even with me AND my wife in the saddle. I also should mention that it has a full fairing on the front end to counter balance the wife on the back. Im not doing any 12's in the quarter, or anything, but I'm probably doing 5-60 mph in 4 seconds or so- scaring the wife a little.

I have also been riding a friend's Heritage Softail recently(to some Harley only functions) and there is no comparison in either top speed or acceleration. On the Harley, you have to continually downshift on hills and curves, where the Eleven just handles it, even with the wife riding two-up. I don't know how this compares to other 11oo's, but the Harleys and Goldwings I have ridden don't compare at all.
    Pastor Sam - Son Light Rider CMA
    Former GL1200 rider
    Owned by '80 XS11 G-Guardian Angel
    Yep, I got a @#$%^&
    xj 1100 Maxim

Comment

• Re: Ridin' Two-Up!

Originally posted by fbcaf
      I got the xs11 because it is a stout bike. When my wife and I are both on it, we are nearly 500 lbs. I also took my older son for a ride(he goes almost 300#) and was bouncing the front wheel in second gear. That was just rolling power and a lot of weight on the back end. I haven't abused the clutch at all - except for raw weight. This Eleven does stay with everyone else, even in the dash from the stop light, even with me AND my wife in the saddle. I also should mention that it has a full fairing on the front end to counter balance the wife on the back. Im not doing any 12's in the quarter, or anything, but I'm probably doing 5-60 mph in 4 seconds or so- scaring the wife a little.

I have also been riding a friend's Heritage Softail recently(to some Harley only functions) and there is no comparison in either top speed or acceleration. On the Harley, you have to continually downshift on hills and curves, where the Eleven just handles it, even with the wife riding two-up. I don't know how this compares to other 11oo's, but the Harleys and Goldwings I have ridden don't compare at all.
      You have the best motorcycle ever made my friend.I bought my 81 Special new and it just keep's getting better.I have had a slew of motorcycles,including my present V-Max and I would not trade my Eleven for any of them,which is obvious I guess because I still have it and the other's are a distant memory.
      81 Black "1179" Xcessively trick Super Special. One owner (me).

Comment

• .. i'll trade you an 1100 special for that Vmax..

Comment

• I think Dan said he would trade his 1100 for anything. I don't think he mentioned trading his V-Max .

But if I know Dan...he won't trade that V-Max for anything EITHER!

Comment

• Originally posted by GNEPIG
            .. i'll trade you an 1100 special for that Vmax..
            You are most generous,however Da Max is like 55 Chev's, 68 Camaro's and XS Eleven's,it's got that indefinable quality that makes it greater than the sum total of it's part's and hence,the black Max is not for sale.You should get youself one though,because even though they are not in Busa territory, they are a hoot to ride.Nothing like a Sunday afternoon blast on Mr. Max to rid one's stress from the world's problem's.Beating up on a V-Rod should you find one that is stupid enough to race, makes it even sweeter.

Comment

• Certified radar speed-slight downhill-1up-7800 rpm top gear-131 mph. Scared the #$%@ out of me, though. Never before have I been on a bike at that speed. Mine's really comfortable at 70-80 on the interstate, so I'll just stick to that. Kind of nice to know it's there if you get challenged.
              Midnight Rider

1980 XS1100LG

Intruder Alert!!!

2002 Suzuki Intruder VS800GL

XSive rules. Ride it like you stole it, unless it's mine. Then just PUTT, PUTT, PUTT!!!

Happy XSing

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Hodges
                Beating up on a V-Rod should you find one that is stupid enough to race, makes it even sweeter.
                Hmmm.....Now that got my attention.
                They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

• Speeding

Originally posted by noeleo
                  Certified radar speed-slight downhill-1up-7800 rpm top gear-131 mph. Scared the #$%@ out of me, though. Never before have I been on a bike at that speed. Mine's really comfortable at 70-80 on the interstate, so I'll just stick to that. Kind of nice to know it's there if you get challenged.
                  Batesville casket company,largest in the world and in your hometown,so boy you better be carefull on Mr.Max, or you will be getting yourself one.But I do understand,Max is sometimes hard to control.

Comment

• "Mine's really comfortable at 70-80 on the interstate, so I'll just stick to that."

What scared me most was that mine was REALLY comfortable at 120 mph! No anomalies at all, just sheer speed - I'm sure there is more there - with no bouncing or jitters (on the bike) or groans (again, on the bike's part). I expected to have a wrestling match, and it kind of awed me in a scarey sort of way, that it just went into a "zone" nice and easy and effortless. Now, as I write, I wonder if it really happened??? Was it just a dream? Hmmmmm!
                    Pastor Sam - Son Light Rider CMA
                    Former GL1200 rider
                    Owned by '80 XS11 G-Guardian Angel
                    Yep, I got a @#$%^&
                    xj 1100 Maxim

Comment

• clocked at 120+

Cruising down the road yesterday on a two lane highway, tailgating jackass in a suprisingly quick minivan. Well I decided to ditch that fool and got my 81 standard up and going at a top gear roll on to about who knows what warp speed cause my speedo doesn't work, but thanks to the state of california i was notified by a highway patrolman that i was doing in excess of 120 when he clocked my with his radar gun. I didn't notice my radar detector flashing like the fourth of july until it was too late. But hell, i had to fight off the smile when he told me my speed. But the thought in my head was all about "120 plus, man thats movin".
                      I love this old bike, it's like a friggin' timex watch, takes a lickin' and (the valves) keep on tickin'.

Comment

• How courteous of him to inform you of your speed. I'm betting that was the only thing pleasant about him pulling you over...
                        1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
                        1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
                        1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
                        1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
                        1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
                        1982 XS650
                        1980 XS1100g
                        1979 XS1100sf
                        1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

• Re: clocked at 120+

Originally posted by Cykotic
                          Cruising down the road yesterday on a two lane highway, tailgating jackass in a suprisingly quick minivan. Well I decided to ditch that fool and got my 81 standard up and going at a top gear roll on to about who knows what warp speed cause my speedo doesn't work, but thanks to the state of california i was notified by a highway patrolman that i was doing in excess of 120 when he clocked my with his radar gun. I didn't notice my radar detector flashing like the fourth of july until it was too late. But hell, i had to fight off the smile when he told me my speed. But the thought in my head was all about "120 plus, man thats movin".
                          I love this old bike, it's like a friggin' timex watch, takes a lickin' and (the valves) keep on tickin'.
                          An accurate speedometer is a must on an Eleven if you do not wish to get yourself locked up.

Comment

• Well, did the cop give you a ticket?

Comment

• so tell me how a 1950's 1000cc bike (the vincent black shadow or was it the rapide?) can max out at 150 mph while our newer bigger bikes top out at 130ish? (maybe we need to go to the salt flats. ae7f?)
                              Last edited by dorkpunch; 08-01-2005, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• The speeds are relative to the gear ratios in the middle and final drives. We can't change our gearing by replacing a sprocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X