Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dennyz
    16" verses 17":

I am a lugger, meaning I don't shift much. I like to stuff the XS into a turn and let the torque pull it out. The XS does this nicely. I notice my Special does this better than my Standard. I felt I scrubbed off speed faster when I let off and climbed out of the turn quicker.

On the open roads, I felt like I needed to shift the Special to a higher gear. The Standard has noticeably less vibration and engine noise at a given speed, say 65mph.

If the rear wheels are swapped, make sure to swap the kick stands also, they are different.
    You're comments mirror my observations except that I'm still using the same kickstand on my Mongrel with the larger rear wheel. The center stand however will not lift the rear wheel off the ground.

I may switch back someday if I score a deal on some 16" tires. ;o)

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

there's a difference in stand size(s)??

Geezer,
      what ARE the measurements in the center stands? I have 2 I got off eBay and I can't use either one with my 4-into-1 that I'm running... If I have the right one (for you) maybe we can work something out; trade, couple of buck$, ...?
      Ron (UncleSpot)

1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Re: there's a difference in stand size(s)??

Originally posted by UncleSpot
        Geezer,
        what ARE the measurements in the center stands? I have 2 I got off eBay and I can't use either one with my 4-into-1 that I'm running... If I have the right one (for you) maybe we can work something out; trade, couple of buck$, ...?
        Ron (UncleSpot)
        I'd be happy to trade you but the only difference is in the length of the legs. In your situation, I'd make a custom pipe and muffler set up for those headers to clear the center stand.

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
        X