Massive fuel leak

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JeffH
    replied


    T fix thread. In the Repairs section under Carbs & Fuel

    The Sirius Consolidated T's are great. The best way to fix it, but more expensive. I've put these T's in 3 sets of carbs and they are a great upgrade.

    Yeah, been seeing the terrible flooding there along the Arkansas River and other places too ....... Awful to have your stuff flooded or washed away.

    Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 05-31-2019, 11:03 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Incubus
    replied
    I am not sure why this posted twice. Maybe the forum deemed it an emergency?

    Leave a comment:


  • Incubus
    started a topic Massive fuel leak

    Massive fuel leak

    For those who will see pictures of this fuel leak on the national news tonight - don't worry, it's not Arkansas flood pictures. Even of the crests on the waves off flowing fuel are surf able.

    OK, maybe it's not quite that bad. But it seems that bad. I pour fuel in the top, it pours out the bottom.

    This is not a "please help me find the leak" post. This is a "crap, I've got a leak and it seems the parts are unobtainable" post. Maybe someone has an idea.

    The leak occurs on both sets of carbs, fright where the fuel feeds the carbs. The ridges on the fuel line T that connects the fuel lines and slides into the carbs have shrunk with age and gas leaks from there. Badly. I cannot find new carb T's.

    I've been to a couple of auto parts places looking for o rings that would fit the t's, but no luck. I know I am not the first to face this issue. How do I fix it?

    Patrick
Working...